Shard ID help on todays crier

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Does anyone know what bottle this was? All I know is it would have been a GREAT find if it wasn't broken. It was found amongst many pontil pieces. My girlfriend found a spot today and it looks like we'll be heading back very soon.

shard.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
FROM THE LABORATORY

OF G.W. MERCHANT CHEMIST

LOCKPORT, N.Y.

Always a great bottle. You definitely need to keep looking that spot.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks. We will definitely be back there. Probably tomorrow. She found an old cabin foundation near where it was found too, so I'm hoping for privies and a dump. Thanks again.

CazDigger

Reaction score
Thats one of my favorite bottles, and that looks yellow green instead of the usual blue-green refered to as "Lockport green. " That color would make it a LOT more rare and desirable. Hope you find a whole one! Here is a pontiled one in the usual color. The embossing looks flat in my photos for some reason.

DSCN3197.jpg

DSCN3198.jpg

DSCN3199.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CanYaDigIt
My girlfriend found a spot today and it looks like we'll be heading back very soon.

Sounds like she is the best find of them all! If she happens to be a good cook too then you've got it made!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Thanks for the good wishes. I hope it turns out well too.

Sounds like she is the best find of them all! If she happens to be a good cook too then you've got it made!

Considering that I just ate a killer meal she cooked, I'd say I've got it made. It's nice to have a life partner that doubles as a digging partner. Especially when it comes to splitting up the finds.[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CanYaDigIt
Considering that I just ate a killer meal she cooked, I'd say I've got it made. It's nice to have a life partner that doubles as a digging partner. Especially when it comes to splitting up the finds.[;)]

Hehe, you can't beat that man! Cooking is a dying art nowadays, sadly, and a digging partner that you share the finds with rather than split is rare indeed! I wish my gal would dig, but the bugs eat her alive for some reason (about 10 mosquito bites to my 1) so she doesn't much care for it [:(]. She likes Indian artifact hunting and hitting the sales/auctions though, and 6 years working for a gourmet caterer taught her how to cook.

You better treat that woman well; I am sure she is worth a million times more than all the bottles in the world. [:)]

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Good Lord! I had the worst night sleep in months! All I could think about was going to look for bottles....good bottles....lots of bottles....oohh....bottles....dreams about bottles....and bottles....and more bottles. Is that normal? Oh yea....It happens to me ALL THE TIME! Wish me luck. I'll let you all know how it went.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85