shell glass cleanzit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
I was at the old dump today of the side of 1940's-50's bottles and found. a bottle with white and red ACL .it's 5 1/2 inches tall the label says Shell glass Kleanzit with the shell logo below it. on the back are directions; Caution combustible mixture
apply with sprayer (or small cloth.) wipe off with clean soft cloth before it dries
leaves no film
shell oil company N.Y. made is USA.
on the bottom is the Duraglass mark and a date from 1950.
any information about this or color labled Shell bottles?

cookie

Reaction score
I've got a couple of Bennington bottles if you want them......free.

VTdigger

Reaction score
it's odd there seems to be little to no market/demand of information about bottles with an applied colored label other that sodas and milks. I've only noticed said colored label bottles at antique stores flea markets and bottle shows. with a pharmacist bottle from time I've found some pretty cool looking shampoo and cologne bottles and seen several broken auto motive fluid ACLS that would have looked nice. I grew up when almost everything was in plastic, some of the color schemes or decoration on these bottles make them look nice.
I wish there was a a site for ACL bottles other than soda and milk bottle sites.

celerycola

Reaction score
A lot of people collect pyro bottles other than milks and sodas. I know one guy that has about a hundred different and he passes them up all the time due to condition or just a boring bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229