Should I buy it???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
You will have to search for the makers mark on the heel of the decanter, it should be incorperated into the pattern. If there is no makers mark you will have to compare it to other decanters until you find one with the same style and simular patterns. Glass companys stayed with one or two patterns so buyers would know who made them. There have been some books on decanters but I haven't seen any new ones for a while. Do a search on Amozon.com.[:)]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That's definately the wrong stopper. It looks like one from an apothecary bottle. The correct one would have been fancy and the glass should match. Is the neck actually ground or did they just stick that stopper in it?

swizzle

Reaction score
The stopper is ground and the bottle is not ground. Its definately the wrong top. That should have been one of the first things that I checked. The stopper almost fits perfectly but has a little wobble to it when its wiggled. Its to big to have had a cork around the stopper, too. I'm going to put it on ebay and see if I can't at least sell it for what I paid for it plus the shipping. I'm going to list a lot of 3 Dr. Kilmer's bottles too. They should both be on there by tomorrow. Look under the user name adirondackfolks if your interested. Jason

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1