Shoulda brought a diapa...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

Just as a precaution conner keep those bottles out of the sun for a while - even in a window......

I hope that wasn't the problem... I had them sitting in the sun for a while, then moved them to the shade for a few minutes, then when I picked them up from the shade, the blue one cracked... Oh well, I'm sure I'll dig another... [:D]

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

I've heard horror stories about it, but it's never happened to me before... I think rockbot had it happen recently too... I picked up the bottle to take some pictures of it, and suddenly I heard this horrible *chink*. Then a small piece of the glass fell out into my hand! I looked and saw that the crack had spread significantly. Baltbottles said it might have something to do with the pressure change from having tons of dirt on top of it to having none... I'll try to hold back my tears... [:'(]

9CFF04E3AAE84C7F9CB69A5066AB4D5E.jpg
i think im gonna cry[&o],if it was mine id be at a mental institution right now[8|]

madman

Reaction score
yo connor woops kinda like what happened with the bottle you sent me but it was my fault pot stone'

deep digger

Reaction score
Connor,Nice finds!!One thing you should also be careful of is to NOT wash early or pontiled bottles in hot water. It can be warm but not hot.I cracked a open pontil pickle in water that was too hot.Also on a cold day be careful with your finds.Drastic temp change can be bad.DEEP

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli