show us your food bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Here's some finds coming out of the left field. Not quite food itself but it's nevertheless a wonderful addition to many dishes. Ceramic and porcelain Japanese soy sauce bottles. The three on the left are from the Fujijin soy sauce company. They're still in business. The far right is from the Dutch East India Co.
1000000755.jpg

Semar

Reaction score
This little barrel has had a few too many drinks but can still stand on his own
purplebarrel.jpg
. ;)
Somebody really got their purple on with this piece of glass. :rolleyes:

Johnny M

Reaction score
Off the chain, Johnny! Now, that's a pickle!
Yeah I was stunned by the color. Kinda plain design but such a super shade of green. I have seen a few of these on Ebay over the years in dark but more traditional greens but always badly cracked and even saw one with a hole and cracked. It's a little smoker that's for sure! Thanks for your comment. It's nice to share better bottles with the group and all of my stuff will eventually come to auction. I'm not gonna die with it or my others and have some great bottles cloistered away in boxes during probate or other estate battles. Sometimes the stuff is never seen again or even goes to the dump! I once found an early and large 1800s oil painting of the USS Constitution in a dumpster that had been rained on more than once after some knucklehead put a frigging aluminum walker through it while cleaning out the house! Johnny M.

sandchip

Reaction score
Yeah I was stunned by the color. Kinda plain design but such a super shade of green. I have seen a few of these on Ebay over the years in dark but more traditional greens but always badly cracked and even saw one with a hole and cracked. It's a little smoker that's for sure! Thanks for your comment. It's nice to share better bottles with the group and all of my stuff will eventually come to auction. I'm not gonna die with it or my others and have some great bottles cloistered away in boxes during probate or other estate battles. Sometimes the stuff is never seen again or even goes to the dump! I once found an early and large 1800s oil painting of the USS Constitution in a dumpster that had been rained on more than once after some knucklehead put a frigging aluminum walker through it while cleaning out the house! Johnny M.
I couldn't agree more. It amazes me what people throw away that their parents, grandparents, etc. treasured, with no thought whatsoever towards finding out, "Hey, could this be worth something?". I could give several heartbreaking examples, but your illustration tells me that you already get it all too well. Once again, damn what a pickle!

Coled18

Reaction score
Everyone has such nice bottles! Found my favorite jar (fruit) in a riverbed (washed down from a dump). I think we were able to put the jar between 1912 and 1915
IMG_1677.jpeg
IMG_1679.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0868.png
    IMG_0868.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 12

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member