Sick of ebay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
WL...

Do you sell uncleaned Roman coins? (See "N.E. Antique Bottle Club Show" listing)...

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
No...no other forums... I just posted some photos of the necklaces I put together using ancient Roman coins... The post is under "N.E. Antique Bottle Club Show" from 3/13...

Ron

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i just caught up with this thread and i find the statement that whitelightning made about having an auction through this forum interesting. i been thinking about a charity auction. or an auction to benefit the forum ,or supplement the cost of the tee-shirt project. i have some bottles that i would be willing to donate. im not talking real high dollar bottles ,but just some nice stuff to build a collection with. please give me some feedback on this . im not sure how this would work ,but i think its worth talking about?

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
i think i would agree,i have a dollar bin of bottles I could donate also!.....very good idea.

I also have observed other forums of collectables and this forum seems the most friendly and also helpful to new people to the hobby...
As I stated I was on anohter forum "not this bott forum",but about coins and I litterly got beat down and harassed and it cost me in the end thanks to someoelses know it all ego and also bad business ethics.......

but yes i agree about a charity auction!

shell

Reaction score
Everyone may be "sick" of ebay. However, that is where the buyers are. Go to the other websites, check out the number of bids items have you'll most likely find a big fat ZERO. The truth is most of the population shops on ebay, one must go where the customers are.

Bottleneck

Reaction score
I'm sick of ebay, but the options are slim to none. Anyone had any luck with "Yahoo" auctions? The seller fees are less than ebay's, but I don't think the customer base is as big if you're trying to reach buyers. Heck, I'm usually buying, and can't find what I want, ANYWHERE.[:mad:] Aren't these little munchkin faces cool!![:)][;)][:D][8D][&:]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Actually ebay hasn't raised their fees in a while. The increase your talking about applied to "Store" items, not general auctions. I got a clarification on that a while back.Ebay fees

bearswede; The final value would be $3.37US (5.25% x $25 + 2.75% x $75) plus listing (35¢ for $9.99 start, 60¢ for $10.00 so lose the penny up front, double it for 2 categories). I figure on 7-10% total though when I figure in paypal too.

What bothers me is the tons junk your subject to, the poor descriptions, the hundreds of Wheatons etc. thrown into the pre 1900 category and especially the poor packaging. I bought a 8½" bottle from a guy who deals in bottles and it was crammed diagonally into a 6" square priority box. It didn't survive the trip. Others I bought were called mint and short of tumbling there's no way to remove the etching and scratches. Their idea of mint was the lip wasn't missing I guess. Then there's the "oops, I must have missed that ¾" crack".
I suppose you'd get that anywhere though.

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey 'maize...

Thanks for the clarification... I've had similar problems with sellers on a much smaller scale... But it is a problem, and probably getting worse... I'm on a strict no-glass diet right now (broke down and got the car fixed... actually, the car broke down and FORCED me to fix it!!!)... So, I'm thinking of trying out selling again... What I worry about is the Mr./Ms. Fussypants who keeps sending your bottles back because the shadow they cast is slightly off-center... You know the type?

Ron

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1