Silver Springs Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

darkfoxx

Reaction score
I found this bottle while digging a trench in my backyard. It reads: "Silver Springs Water " and in smaller print it says " company Detroit". I'v never heard of this company, and I live in Michigan, outside of Detroit. Anyone know of it? I'd like to know the history of this bottle and if it is worth anything...

Zx72244.jpg

Attachments

• Zx72244.jpg
    Zx72244.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 106

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi darkfoxx and welcome to the forum !
I'm not familiar with your water bottle. But , I presume the Spring water that it contained came from Silver Springs , Florida. Which at one time was advertised as 99.8% pure !
Our forum member Harry Pristis might be familiar with this one as he is a Florida resident. Any ideas on this one Harry ? Brian

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
darfoxx, Yes that is the Spring and the location in ( Silver Springs )Florida. But , the company is to new to be the same as your bottle. Founded in 1986 and I am presuming your bottle is earlier than that .
When Harry comes online......I'm sure he can provide you with a little info on your bottle. He may have seen or heard of it down there in Sunny Florida . Brian

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I don't think this bottle has any relation to Silver Springs, Florida.

There is a Silver Springs in NY and in NV that are towns. It is possible that there is a "Silver Springs" in Michigan that is just that, a spring. It is also possible that the Silver Springs on the bottle is mythical.

I think I would focus my research on Michigan, if it were my bottle.

Good luck!

--------Harry Pristis

darkfoxx

Reaction score
There is no Silver Springs in Michigan. The bottling company was in Detroit, but I cannot find any records of the company on the internet. I'v even asked some people that used to live in Detroit and they had never heard of it. I'm stumped... [sm=rolleyes.gif]

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
darkfoxx.... Harry may be right and I may be way off base here. I found a Crystal Springs Lake in Northville, Michigan. I will see if I can find a link. Brian

David E

Reaction score
Is there a trade mark on bottom. Also on those types sometimes they are dated on bottom. Like 72 you would just have to be guesing 1972.
Dave

darkfoxx

Reaction score
On the bottom there is a "O" with a circle going around it, so it looks like a line is going thru it horizontally.

darkfoxx

Reaction score
Thanks alot TreasureRat! At least I know more about it now.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS