Skoda's Uterine Fluid

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
I picked up a nice little Maine med bottle the other day that you don't see very often - a 2.75 inch square amber Skoda's Uterine Fluid from the Skoda Discovery Co. of Belfast, Maine (1891-1899). Skoda's amber Sarsaparilla is pretty well known but I've only seen a few of this one. The neck/lip is different, sort of like a snuff bottle, I'm not sure why it has this type of lip - any ideas?

Later - Sam

Lj21430.jpg

Attachments

• Lj21430.jpg
    Lj21430.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 76

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
When I got this bottle I figured it would replace the one I had with a base chip but when I compared the two bottles and saw the difference in the amber coloring I figured I better hang on to both of them.

Yv66179.jpg

doorsmaniac

Reaction score
I dont Know about in that age, but uterine fluid was used to (belive it or not) Clean teeth.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I have a Skoda's Sarsaparilla with the orig. label and the dose label...perfect except some light water stains on part of the label..and a few edge flakes missing from the dose label.
What are these worth sans labels? With? I love the thing, it has mega embossing, crazy claims, color label, it's amber, has an embossed bottom too (Patent applied for)...

Oh, and the uterine bottle is neat. It somehow looks late 1890's to me..I'd love to have one.

I have asked about the skoda's before, sorry to ask again, but I didn't get a lot of replies..
Thanks Sam, and the rest![:D]

Yv65848.jpg

Attachments

• Yv65848.jpg
    Yv65848.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 70

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Oldtimer -

The Skoda's Sarsaparilla usually goes in the $35-45 price range. With the labels I'm guessing add another $20 or so? It is a great bottle.

Belfast Maine had four sarsaparilla manufacturers, Dana's, Dalton's, Leon's (the hardest to find) and Skoda's - pretty impressive for a small Maine town.

Later - Sam

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Thank you Sam!

How far west do you hunt? I hunt western maine a lot...

I've seen Dana's (Quite common I thought?) but never a Skodas till this one. The others I haven't seen either..Leons huh? I'll be looking for that!
I dug a Dr. Townshends(sp?) pontiled Sassy but it was in peices...smokey bluish...would have been some sweet...

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL