Sleepslikerocks digs with Digswithstick

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
RE: Re:

That sucks. I have relatives like that. I'm trying to imagine what a milky quartz one looks like. In archaeology class, they showed us some made from Obsidian, which is sharper than a scalpel. Rick didn't think they had that around here.

RedGinger

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: Just Dig it

i also split my chin open by playing with my he-man action figure on the ice....what dosent kill you gives you 10 stitches in the chin = )..oh yeah and makes you stronger

Be proud of your scars!

RedGinger

Reaction score

Here's that post Kate. Had a hard time finding it. Do you have any places near you to look for arrowheads? I'm still trying to find a place here.

riverdiver

Reaction score

I've been told by others on this forum that those little clay cups were bird feeders, although I like the sample/shot glass idea better and I think I will attach mine to one of my big crocks.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score

I know there're places around here that I could find arrowheads. I should try to find more time to look. I only live about a mile from the Macungie jasper mines. (houses there now)
http://books.google.com/books?id=r68EAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA80&lpg=PA80&dq=indian+jasper+mines+in+macungie&source=bl&ots=DydY_PI5AG&sig=fdk3cj7icA1QCuY-jq2bqAYWBqs&hl=en&ei=WzKPSui0C5DrlAectLWcDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

When I was a kid, I used to spend a lot of time at my limestone cliff, which overlooked the Little Lehigh. Always found jasper chips up there - never dug. I think they made them there. There are houses on my cliff now. I was going to look at the bottom of the cliff for stuff, but the best spot is now covered with grass clippings. I should go back there and check it out more closely. There is a field about 2 miles from here that I've walked looking for arrowheads, but all I find are big pieces of jasper. I'm thinking that's the place they stored the big chunks after carrying it down from the mines. I think I know another field in the area where many were found, but I've never walked it.

My mom has many arrowheads that she was given by Eva Yohe (1895-1986) who was a friend of the family. Most were found when she and her husband were kids.

capsoda

Reaction score

Find a plowed field and walk it. After a rain is best because the arrowheads kind of just sit of little mounds of dirt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter