small blue bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wootten

Reaction score
okay-this is probably not worth a lot but is in great condition
on the front -it says pepsiment
on the bottom it says-pepsiment chemical co.
chestcatown mo (we think-hard to read)
here is a picture.[:)]

Om33460.jpg

Attachments

• Om33460.jpg
    Om33460.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 67

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Sounds like it may have been a medicine for dypepsia. Is yours ABM? i can't tell. If irti is, it's circa 1910-1920, if it's BIM, it's circa 1900.[:D]

wootten

Reaction score
so cool thanks-it is nice to have poeple help out-we are looking now-where should we look-we are looking on the bottom with an eyeloop-oh please help with what you asked earlier?thanks wendy

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi kelly, that's a cute bottle. in answer to your last question, if it is ABM, the seam runs from the bottom up the side and over the lip. BIM seam stops below the lip. hope this helps. rhona

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Wendy, the best way to tell if a bottle is Blown in a mold, or made by an automatic bottle machine is to look at the side seems that go from the base to the top. If they run completely through the lip, the bottle was machine made. If they stop somewhere below the lip, it is a blown in the mold bottle. The closer they stop to the shoulder, the older the bottle. Hope this helps, Kelley

Hey Rhona, I need to type faster![:D]

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
Hi Wendy! Yes it sure is a cutie! It has a lot going for it, Cobalt blue and a Corker!
I did a web search on chestcatown mo and about the best I could come up with is there is a Chestertown Mo. and a Chestertown, MD. (doesn't mean there isn't a Chestcatown or wasn't one at some time[:)] I think Missouri has always had the two letter abbreviation, not sure about Maryland though. Nice find, I hope you keep us posted! Thanks.

SC

medbottle

Reaction score
Hey there. I've seen these several times, but not in this larger size. All Pepsimints I've seen were only about half that size.

wootten

Reaction score
RE: small blue bottle/seam pic.

I have a picture of the seams on the blue bottle!![:)] Thanks for all the replys and all the help I got with the bottle!!
I still need some help figuring out if hand blown or made by a machine!!
thanks -Wendy (heres the picture)

Om32308.jpg

Attachments

• Om32308.jpg
    Om32308.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 74

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Wendy, your bottle is machine made. I have taken your picture and applied an arrow to illustrate what we are talking about. If the seam goes all the way through the lip where the arrow is, your bottle is machine made. (Post 1903 which is when the automatic bottle machine was invented.) If the seam stops anywhere below that point, it is a blown bottle and the lip was applied by hand or with a lipping tool. Hope this helps, Kelley

Da83620.jpg

Attachments

• Da83620.jpg
    Da83620.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 73

wootten

Reaction score
thanks-for real you can not see the seam it seems (hahaha) to stip on the neck -does not look and can't feel a seam -looking with the eye loop I still do not see it-the seam goes about half way upthe neck of the bottle and then stops-the bottle is 4 inches tall. I am so excited that others have helped me-can you help place the bottle, time frame, used for, and worth? How exciting wendy Do you think it was the light refecting off the bottle? oh respond again....thanks

Wu61471.jpg

Attachments

• Wu61471.jpg
    Wu61471.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 64

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member