small blue bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi wendy, the first pict looks like the seam (faint) goes over the lip, the 2nd pic appears to stop 1/2 way up neck, are both sides the same? ps i'm digging on the eastern shore also . rhona

wootten

Reaction score
thanks for the bite here-no the seam that I took the last picture of was the longest one-the one on the other side does not go up as high? Does that give any help-I loved the arrows from the one helper-but I really have looked hard and think it was a lighting issue-but hey I am so new and really value everyone's opinion-and yes the eastern shore of md is cool-didn't know we could find bottles here that others would like to see! wendy

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
I think it is a light (refraction) issue with the first picture. It appears to stop before the lip and then on the lip where Kelley placed the arrow it appears to have just the slightest hint of an angle (10%?) Not a straight seam line anyway. If you are digging in MD. do you think it might be Chestertown? Great pictures btw, keep on diggin'! Oh yes, I like the arrow too! Good job!

sc

wootten

Reaction score
thank you thank you-it seam is not going up on both sides (the same amount)-one side is shorter than the othenot sure what that number was that you posted in your reply-I am new and you have to explain everything-but I love it-the bottle is is great condition-yes my husband found it in maryland-dug up along the nanticoke river-perhaps that it flowed from somewhere? I really appreciate the time and effort that everyone has put into my little bottle-wendy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey