Snell’s Beverages - Chatham Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Donas12

Reaction score
Here’s an 11oz bottle by Snell’s Beverages of Chatham Ontario. Dates 1954.
Snell’s Beverages was a family owned business dating back to the 1850’s and preceded with the names Hoon’s Bottling Works and Lowes Beverages.
With that long of span of the business, there must have been many other bottles over the years...
CC5C6B46-A82E-4CBA-9E9D-85E400AB3195.jpeg

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
I'm not sure I've seen any other Snell's bottles but that beehive / acl bottle

have one in the garage but its in poor condition , found it in a box of bottles I bought a couple years ago and added it to window display

never seen any Lowe's beverages from chatham

did actually have a Hoon's bottle once but sold it a couple years ago , very plain clear bottle , still have a picture of it , doesn't even say chatham on it

embossed " contents 7 oz , IT'S HOON'S " believe its from the 20's or 30's

snellschathamYS.JPG
hoonschatham.JPG
hoonschatham.JPG

Jstorm

Reaction score
Hello all. Wanting to know if you guys know how much this Snell's is worth. In my search on Google this old post came up. Can't find any info on Worthpoint either.
20220119_162304.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hello all. Wanting to know if you guys know how much this Snell's is worth. In my search on Google this old post came up. Can't find any info on Worthpoint either. View attachment 234167
I typically see that type of Ontario ACL selling in the $5-30 range. I don't know much about this particular bottle but I'd be surprised if its value fell much outside of that range. Since the label isn't in fantastic condition that will hurt the value as well.

Jstorm

Reaction score
I typically see that type of Ontario ACL selling in the $5-30 range. I don't know much about this particular bottle but I'd be surprised if its value fell much outside of that range. Since the label isn't in fantastic condition that will hurt the value as well.
Thanks

JKL

Reaction score
These bottles are around but less common than many others. The ACL seems to fade easy so many have a washed out look. Usually see them for $10 or so.

Jstorm

Reaction score
These bottles are around but less common than many others. The ACL seems to fade easy so many have a washed out look. Usually see them for $10 or so.
I never saw one before nor my friends. Interesting

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583