Snuff Jug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JerDfx

Reaction score
Here is a jug I found while digging in a old bottle dump. It is about a half gallon I would say in size. It says the words at the bottom stamped in Weymans Snuff. It has some hair line cracks. It has a brown smooth patina on the inside of the jug. If anyone knows how old this jug may be and if it holds any value would be great. Thanks again Jeremy.

Cz79753.jpg

Picture cropped, contrast increased and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

David E

Reaction score
Found on Web http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?encquery=E19EF574F3DB6815F57AB3B014E57816&invocationType=keyword_rollover&ie=UTF-8

Yours may be one on E Bay with a lid AU $10.00

Dave

JerDfx

Reaction score
Thanks David. Althoe it isn't the same exact jug it still gives me a better idea of what it may be worth. Mine is taller and doesn't have anything that I can see of were a lid may have been attached. I'm sure it had some kind of lid but not sure. I know my scans aren't the greatest so that probably makes it tougher for you guys to determine what I may have. Thanks again for the reply man Jeremy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem