So fake it's not even funny...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
Only place I've seen with that many labeled Cokes is the Coca-Cola display in Atlanta, worth like $35M [:-]
Picture3_zpsbcc9853d.png

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
He's no longer selling some labeled straight sided coke!! I wonder what's happened he broke his printer??[:D][:D] I hope in 2013 thing keep on going like this.

AlexD

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up the old again, but I think I've discovered something new. Take a close look at these two pictures of his bottles. These are both different.

$T2eC16Z,!)sE9swm,0rUBQwT)kLd9g~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!g0FBkSnwCwEBQrZCUq,5g~~60_57.JPG

Do you see it? The one is very deep purple and the other is almost blue. Not even close! There is yet another item to look out for too. Notice in his pictures. He NEVER shows the bottom of the bottles with the shoulder script or the Hobbleshirts. What's most likely going on is, the Hobbleskirts aren't even from the time. On Coca-Cola's 75th Anniversary, the came out with Anniversary Hobbleskirt and Straight Sided bottles. If you remove the labels from the Straight Sided ones, you get an almost exact Straight Sided from the 1900's. The only difference is the ridges around the bottom, that can be taked off with a sanding drill. There's a type of glass staining that takes 1 1/2--2 days, requiring baking the glass. When the process is done, it's seeped through the bottle and the glass is premaritally colored. It can all be done at home. Any scratches left on the bottom will probably just look like case wear from it being "100 years old". [8D] I'm not saying it's done with all of them, some are certainly real bottles from the time with the markings, but others...

epackage

Reaction score
I think it only looks blue because it's a different light source and a sky blue background, your own eye is fooling you IMHO...

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229