So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Re: RE: So where are the detector reports??

Thanks guys, today for my birthday I was gifted with a find at Stonetown. Found a TREBLE GILT button with no gilt left but the cool find was a damaged 1824 Genl Andrew Jackson / Hero of New Orleans medalet, cool piece of history to add to the Stonetown story.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score

Happy B-day Steve and nice to hear Stonetown is still giving up it's secrets.

cobaltbot

Reaction score

Thanks Eric, just goes to show no place is ever completely hunted out, now if I can just get that place plowed....

ironmountain

Reaction score

Happy Birthday!! I love some of the finds you guys get out east and down south. CW and Rev. relics are so awesome.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Went detecting some torn-up curb strips today and scored the following: 8 quarters7 dimes26 copper memorials26 zincolns1 Harry Truman token and 1 1968 Shell token6 Wheats; 1916, '42, '44D, '45, 51, '57D And 1 sterling ring, 2.29 grams. Not much but my first silver of the year! Happy hunting all.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Nice Plumb-- I went out on my first serious hunt yesterday ( weather dolts said it would get to 60, yeah made 38). No I came away with--44-pennies, 6 dimes, and 1 quarter (nothing old). I also found a piece of copper threaded piping (weighs about 1 lb = $2.60 in these parts) 6 returnable cans ( all of .60 cents).On the way back I couldn't help myself and went snooping at an abandoned home site. I found a brass candle holder (kind of interesting piece), some mason jars (on had "Moms mason jar" and a woman embossed on the glass --never seen one of those before), some old coffee mugs (flea market items), an old measuring cup, some fishing lures, and a few old license plates.Hopefully the weather will finally warm up in these parts. Good luck everyone.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Got out again to a local school, 3q,11d,5n, and a 1/2 inch pc of copper tubing maybe 6 inches in length, which rang in as a .50-1.00 on the Whites mxt-p. Also found a girls dance medal (brass) with a ballerina on it, although the ribbon had deteriorated.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Sounds pretty productive plus you never know what you might find, with the thaw the action should heat up. I've never found a ring, I need to get off of Stonetown only and try some other sites.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Cobaltbot-- We went out yesterday and hit some schools, the lady friend found 1 silver ring 3 pennies and a dime. I found a ring, 2q, 4d, 11p and a small knotted chunk of copper. My ring was some pot metal skull ring. Hers--sterling. Looks like rain today, hope to get back out later this week. Good luck on finding your first ring!!

ironmountain

Reaction score
you guys make me sad.... we were up in Houghton at the inlaws for the past week.The snow in the backyard was up to the roof. Wife and I had to dig a tunnel and then make steps out of it justso the dogs could go outside. We came home thursday and the weather went to pot. Freezing rain and snow all night long. Was still like that when I went to bed at 3... right now it's mid 50's and melty... this weather is ignorant. glad that someone's able to get out and dig. I can live vicariously.. I scored a few knives at the knife show I had a booth at.An Imperial when they were still made in the U.S.A Wards. Nice knife. All of the metal except for the blades is brass and stag scales.A Uticaand a SS Ranger Longhorn.. keep the hunt stories coming!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter