Soda?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

holygeez

Reaction score
I had a great day yesterday and will post pictures in 'new finds' as soon as I can. What I wanted to ask everyone about was a soda(?) bottle I dug. It is very light green, almost clear and simply says "GUND" Cleveland, Ohio.

AND...I also found a dark brown richly embossed bottle marked "Webb's English Stone Ginger Beer" It has spiderweb markings on it and near the bottom says, "designed registered 1931".

I always search extensively online before asking questions and these two are bugging me the most.

Thanks!
Tracy

sha11s

Reaction score
Hi Holygeez,
While I can't help you with your GUND soda question (although that sounds familiar) I can tell you a bit about your Webb's bottle. Have you heard of the Canadian soda Stubby? I think Webb's Stone Ginger was the first attempt at selling in the Canadain market, but it seems to disappear once the Stubby line was in full-force. If you can find an example of the early Webb's Stubby bottle, you will notice that they kept the same brick/stone motif on the bottle. I think Stubby died in the 1960's I will see if I can post some pics for you shortly. If you care to share, what part of Ontario were you digging in?

Scott

sha11s

Reaction score
Here are a couple of bottles

F1AAE18FDBE546E9858A457E9AF4CFBE.jpg

Attachments

• F1AAE18FDBE546E9858A457E9AF4CFBE.jpg
    F1AAE18FDBE546E9858A457E9AF4CFBE.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 70

holygeez

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Scott. Yup...the bottle on the left is what I found.
I went out again today and lucked out with a Burdock Blood Bitters...vgc. :) I'm in Northern Ontario...up near Timmins (if that helps).

sha11s

Reaction score
Looks like you are into a good spot. I bet there is some great stuff in Northern Ontario...looking forward to your future posts. Should you want to part with your Webb's bottle, PM me.
Scott

carling

Reaction score
Hello Tracy,

Your Gund bottle sounds like a crown top beer bottle from the Gund Brewery in Cleveland. It would have had a paper label.

Rick in Cleveland.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!