"Soldier Son"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
not bad, you guys have played togehter for awhile, real tight. I think its a nice song, the vocalest might want to work a little on his lows in the song body but he has really good voice, strong. You guys have the reverb up a little? One of my favorite effects. Have kinda of an early 90's sound going. Do you have any other songs recorded? What kind of covers do you play when you jam?

woody

Reaction score
We just finished another original, Matt, called "Broken Bottle", that we recorded at Rocking Horse studio in Pittsfield NH.
I should have a mix of that soon.
We do alot of various cover songs from Allman Bros to STP and we also do some Motown.
I believe there is reverb and echo effects on the vocals. I wasn't there for the mix, so I can only go by what I hear.

Here is the updated version, not the one on Myspace.

http://metrocast.net/~rhythm/Soldier%20Son%2012-01-08.mp3

tigue710

Reaction score
cool... I use reverb on my recordings (I dont record much) just to clean it up a little. I usually just do vocal and acoustic guitar, so the reverb helps a lot. My pop's is a drummer, when I was a little kid I used to go to gigs with him. I still remember being like 5 years old and dancing with the bartenders! He was in a band called Fountain head when I was a kid, they were a real big band in CT. Everyone thought they were going to make it big but turmoil split the band up. He still plays out though and they just bought a reeeeeeeeal nice digital sound studio recorder. It records some insane amount of tracks, like 160?, burns the CDs and everything. It also has a built in studio. There own recordings they make with this equipment sounds 10 times better then the studio stuff they did. The band hes in now is called out of blue, and they do mostly 60's Motown rock style music. A lot of Chicago, that kind of stuff. I just play guitar for fun myself, but I've recorded a few originals. I was trying to sell them but cant find a legitimate outlet. If you ever hear of Paramount group out Nashville, STAY AWAY!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Excellent! You have a "keeper" there. It should work out to be a very popular recording, especially considering the situation in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

glass man

Reaction score
VERY NICE! NICE DRUM ROLLS! LOVE THE GUITAR AT THE END ! I NOTICED ONE OF YOUR INFLUENCES IS GINGER BAKER,WHO OF COURSE WAS WITH CREAM,ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS[BLIND FAITH ALSO A GREAT ONE] HE WAS AT A ROCK FESTIVAL I WAS AT IN 1970.GINGER BAKERS AIR FORCE BAND,UNLUCKILY I MISSED HIS ACT. OH WELL. GREAT BAND AND GREAT SONG! ARE YALL PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AGE?I ASK CAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE YALL ALL KNOW THE 60S-70S. WELL GOD BLESS YALL AND KEEP ON ROCKING! OH YEAH DO YOU LIKE THE DRUMMERS FOR HENDRIX? BUDDY MILES AND MITCH MITCHELL? I LOVE "THEM CHANGES" BY MILES AND THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT ON"MACHINE GUN". MITCHELL WAS GREAT ON BOUT EVERYTHING! JAMIE

woody

Reaction score
Thanks, Rich.
We did three takes on this song and this one I thought was the best drum sound to it.
Some of the other takes the drums were too busy so I did one last take. The one you hear on the mix.
Sometimes less is more.
I tried to keep it simple for people to relate.
Also, we purposely tried to give to it a middle eastern sound to it, esp. the guitar intro and tag.
We have an intro that is almost the same as the ending, but we thought to try it this way first.
Either way, we're getting ready to master the mix.

glass man

Reaction score
WOODY ,MILES WAS GRAT ON JIMI'S SONG MACHINE GUN! URREAL!.BITCHES BREW IS GREAT TOO.CAN'T BELIVE YOU LEFT RINGO ,BUT MAYBE WAS NOT A BIG INFLUENCE ON YOU AND I CAN UNDERSTAND,BUT HE DID GOOD WHEN HE WOULD BE HANDED MUSIC AND TOLD OK DO SOMETHING WITH THAT AND HE PRETTY MUCH WORKED BY HISSELF AS THE MATRIAL WAS ALREADY RECORDED BY OTHER MEMBERS,DRUM WAS LAST.THE GUY OF IRON BUTTERFLY WAS GOOD TOO,INAGADA WAS MAYBE THE FIRST LONG DRUM SOLO I HAD HEARD..THE ROLLS ON THE SONG WAS BOUT THE HEIGHT OF THE SONG.GINGER BAKER IS THE BEST TO ME. LOVE GINGER ON "THOSE WERE THEY DAYS" AND WE'RE GOING WRONG" ARE UNREAL!IF YOU EVER IN THIS AREA BRING YOUR DRUMS AND WE WILL JAM,JAM,JAM! GOD BLESS YOU WOODY,MAKES ME WANT TO GET WITH SOME PLAYERS AND GO FOR IT,BUT I DIG HIPPIE,60S,CHRISTEN ROCK/FOLK,DON'T GO BIG HERE.SOME COUNTRY,LIKE THE ''''''HAG']NO PLACE TO PLAY CEPT MAYBE ATLANTA.JUST AIN'T GOT THE DRIVE ANYMORE.SO GUESS I'LL JUST KEEP TOURING THE LIVING ROON. GOOD LUCK JAMIE[8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter