some pics of the stuff i dug in the past couple years

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

portland med. man

Reaction score
here`s some pics of recent finds including this really old school stoneware bottle with cobalt top it dates to the 1850-60`s the other two a little newer 1870`s

Li21249.jpg

Attachments

• Li21249.jpg
    Li21249.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 68

portland med. man

Reaction score
ok here`s a killah dyteville whiskey fifth in a sick like straw yellow with a touch of olive hard to descibe... kindah like the one 141 dug ........ hey paul....found that and a couple other killa bottles in that site. pic doesnt show color to well though... enjoy i`ll post some diggin pics later got 2 clean the house...

Zx70070.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70070.jpg
    Zx70070.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 65

portland med. man

Reaction score
ok here`s a pic of themdumping the bottles right on top of me......they are pretty cool and dont mind me hanging the local cops have thrown people out but dont seem to bother me and this old timer that goes and pokes around... hell they see us all the time and are used to us i guess...

Nl29803.jpg

Attachments

• Nl29803.jpg
    Nl29803.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 68

portland med. man

Reaction score
ok here`s the stuff there diggin up 1880`s to 1910`s some throw back stuff... alot of cool artifacts just going tmo waste except for me saving the stuff i`ve aquired alot of stuff from this and other sites and will share all the pics with you folks hope you enjoy....

Hf99618.jpg

Attachments

• Hf99618.jpg
    Hf99618.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 63

portland med. man

Reaction score
here`s a cool throw back i got from the site it`s a hinge mold med rev. t. hill`s vegatable remedy a hard one to find up here in maine . i believe he was based out of gardner maine... found this just before the ground froze up....

Mk25113.jpg

Attachments

• Mk25113.jpg
    Mk25113.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 64

towhead

Reaction score
Cool Bottles! Portland Maine I'm assuming....? ....you "guys" up east are SOOOOO LUCKY! Lotta history over there! I'm over here in frozen Minnesota!

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Man great find on the fill dump location! Maybe you could ask truck driver if the company doesn't mind you digging where they are hauling from on the weekends when they're off.. Have heard of some folks doing that and the guys even scraping down a good area of top soil for them to get started, and telling them to have fun they get from 6:00 friday to 6:00 Monday am to dig like hell. A great idea if they're bringing back a lot of broken early stoneware.[:eek:].
Thanks again for the great pics and keep em coming!
Bob

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Those are some great looking bottles - I like how they are 'delivered' to you!
I especially like those stoneware bottles, they look to be in excellent shape. I've got some in my collection but they've all been bought, haven't had the thrill of unearthing one. I've been on the lookout for one of the Z. G. Auld stones, he did business out of Bath.

-Sam

bottles141

Reaction score
hey, hows it going, that dyotteville looks similar to mine except mine is a lighter color, and it has puce highlights in it, the dyotteville glassworks is upside down and backwards on the base, i have dug many of the glassworks whiskies but none like this, i like the picks of the Z G Auld i whish i still had mine now, he was in buisness for less than 2years in the 1860's. His brewery was located on western avenue in Bath Maine. I did a bit of research on it and thought that you would like to know. Thanks again for the picks looks like you are in some good areas. I cant wait to get out digging I Have some good sites this year that i think will produce some good bottles see you at the show, bottles141.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem