Some Recent Useless Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Exactly_vague

Reaction score
p00065.jpg

Nothing special, found them kicking around a creek bed by my girl friends sisters house. Same place I found my previously posted milk containers, Sqibbb, Bromo bottles etc etc etc.......

Unmarked soda bottle- Just A B co. with a big X on the bottom

Unmarked large green bottle- I assume it was a 40oz of beer, triangle with an R inside of it on the bottom. I've never seen a 40oz with a pop top before. My younger 40oz days they were screw caps :p

Soda bottle that reminds me of a Heinz ketchup bottle, but it has a pop top style top to it and doesn't have the trade mark "57" on it.

3 random jars and a candy dish.

There A LOT of shards laying around that I keep meaning to dig through, there was an old hoe laying around that I used, I have to get my shovel over there one of these days.

epackage

Reaction score
Looks like you, just like many of us here, are gonna look back 5 years from now and wonder why you have 40 boxes of stuff you should have brought to the recycling center or just left where you found it. Good luck in your future hunts and I mean no disrespect, just speaking from experience.....Jim

Exactly_vague

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I'm looking and wondering right now!!!!

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Looks like you, just like many of us here, are gonna look back 5 years from now and wonder why you have 40 boxes of stuff you should have brought to the recycling center or just left where you found it. Good luck in your future hunts and I mean no disrespect, just speaking from experience.....Jim
HAHAHA TRUE THAT Epackage...

MIdigger

Reaction score
I learned this valuable lesson after having a rummage sale. Sodas, milks, and older meds went. Food stuffs and a lot of other stuff sat. Fortunately I unloaded it for $50.00 and know what to leave and what to take.

Also, its not just bottles you should look at but coins/marbles/antiques may also fund your adventures.

Exactly_vague

Reaction score
I don't actually collect for monetary value, I collect things that catch my eye, or for whatever reason or another I'm pulled to. It just so happens that I like older glass stuff.

That close up picture that was requested......

p00066u.jpg

I was out and about today and there is this place near me called "The Barn". It's run by the local church and is a huge building filled with the entire towns donations. I got a sweet clear with a slight green tint insulator for a buck that for some reason they had with kitchen wares.

I do keep my eye out for other antiquities while I'm out, I brought home and old porcelain covered jug I dug out today today. Kind of like a cowboy coffee pot.

nydigger

Reaction score
That bowl is worth keeping its really nic. Post a pick of that insulator we like those here too[:)]

Exactly_vague

Reaction score
p00067.jpg

Whitall Tatum, made somewhere from 1920-38

They had it with housewares and what not. I guess you could use it as a juicer?? Fresh OJ anyone?

As I was paying for it, I noticed a medium sized cobalt bottle behind tha counter and I asked to see it. It reminded me of a modern day vinegar bottle in shape, I figured it was a MoM or Bromo bottle, but didn't have any markings on it. Then I saw they wanted $15 for the damn thing. The woman must have saw my face and said she would do half price. I refused the offer, I didn't want to insult her and offer the $2 I was willing t pay.

They had A LOT of complete wire topped Mason and Atlas jars that I passed by, for the 35 cents they were asking I might go grab one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday