SOUTH DAKOTA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
emailed a guy through ebay who had some deadwood stuff for sale. he said the one i have is pretty plentiful but depending on condition still sells for 75 to 200 bucks. said let him know if i wanted to sell it but when am i ever gonna dig another one?? i live in freakin illinois. this one's goin' in the cabinet!!

john55f100

Reaction score
Hey ancientdigger,Do not listen to that e-bay guy,Ive got a deetken bottlle,and ive been trying to find someone else that has one.there are 2 in the adams house musem,in deadwood,yours,and mine,thats only 4 that i know of,not what i call common.mine is a nice purple color now,and reads julius deetken registered pharmist,deadwood south dakota.i have been offered $1,000 for mine by a support crewmember on the hbo show,deadwood.if these bottles are so common how come every time i look at e-bay or other bottle websites none ever show up?did read david rapports story on finding deetkens medical bag at a flea market in the late 70's?google deetkens name,its a great story.have a great day.john

rockbot

Reaction score
I'd keep it for sure. I've had guys try to weasel bottles out of me in the past only to find out it was worth double. I always tell people like that "if its so common go find one and I'll buy it from you" .

Rocky

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
thanks guys!! oh, ima keepin' it. fo sheezy ma neezy!!

john, yours is different from mine. mine doesnt say registered. thanks for the info, its appreciated!!!!

Dugout

Reaction score
I've got an appointment with Mike at City Hall in Deadwood on Wednesday at 10:eek:o A.M. to see the Julius Deetken collection. I'll check it out and get back to you guys. I am looking forward to this day. Hope I can find out some info for you both. I have a question or two also, like why is Deetken in the book "The Black Hills or Last Hunting Grounds of the Dakotahs" by Annie D. Tallent spelled Deetkin. It's definitly the same guy.

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
I plan on calling Arlette Hanson on monday. she is the curator for the adams museum. im curious just to know how rare the pharmacies are. the prices on the hutch's is crazy. im still amazed that i even dug it here in illinois. its up at the top of the list as one of my faves!! let me know what you find out and i'll do the same.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Killer bottle. I've been to Deadwood a few times. It's only a few miles from Sturgis where the big bike run is. Seen the chair that Wild Bill was supposedly sitting in when he got shot too. It's still a very small town, but very cool because of the history (not to mention the HBO show[:D]). Glad you were finally able to load a pic.

im curious just to know how rare the pharmacies are. the prices on the hutch's is crazy.

Bet ya the price on that one is pretty crazy too.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide