Speas vinagers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey all, I was just researching some of the bottles I recently dug-up. I know that 'screw tops' are worthless. However, I saw that there were a couple of "notible exceptions", among these "SPEAS VINAGERS". Pictured here is a one quart (in great shape) that I unearthed. Any idea on the value...thanks

By76609.jpg

Attachments

• By76609.jpg
    By76609.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 67

flasherr

Reaction score
There are some hard core speas collectors out there. Also U sav it bottles so keep an eye out for them do an Ebay search and you will see what I mean. Ive seen people selling speas jars for hundreds of dollars.
Brian

madman

Reaction score
i would not say screw tops are worthless, they will be gaining in popularlity very soon, i generaly do not save them, but ido save the embossed stuff, atleast one of each, thats a nice bottle you got there! its got the owens ill mark on the base o in diamond after 1929 mike

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey flassher. Thanks for the heads up about the eBay thing! I can hardly believe that I may have dug-up somthing in that 50s dump that could be worth soooo much! Well, I ain't countin no chikens yet but; I went ahead and put it up for auction. It's listed as item #6158712972. If you type "speas" into the eBay search it will come up...THANKS!!!
Hey madman, I don't think screw tops are worthless either. Thats just what certain 'experts' say. I find alot of nice embossed ones as well. Heck, I got enough room (for now) that I keep any screw-tops that are identifiable. I just fond this a very cool one today that I'm posting in "What is it 1900+?" and on the 'jars' forum under the thread name "Tropical Canners embossed jar". If you got any Screw tops that you want to share pics of, I'd personally love to see 'um!

madman

Reaction score
ok heres some screw tops , happy hunting mike

glopf43

Reaction score
Mike, very cool bottles! I might get a few more of mine together for some pics. Did you say that you dug all those? I would love to see a forum that consentrates more on the screw tops, I've dug up some that I'd love to share with the like-minded. Come to think of it there is the "Coke and ABM" forum, still, one for ACL's and also Screw-Tops would be GREAT! Well, I'll take all the NICE one's that the good earth wants to give-up to me... I also like the post prohibition, "Federal Law Forbids..." liquers. I've dug some with very cool embossings. I'll try to post one here. Thanks!

Vt57386.jpg

glopf43

Reaction score
Here's a better one of the embossing, "the fruit can never turn dark", I love it!

Rp43614.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43614.jpg
    Rp43614.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member