Spring fling!! Another crawlspace drugstore!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Surfaceone,...as usual, great research on the Zagat's bottle,...The perfume reads, "MARQUE OE FABRIQUE" in a circle around an anchor,....(There's also a detail at the top of the circle that resembles a castle tower), above the 'castle tower' in an outlined rectangle is "1886" The other side reads PARIS in capital letters.

Thanks Joe,

I coulda swore it had a "J.B" on that leading edge.
D84F43B60D5D4C0DA7CA5593B12EF56F.jpg
I'd like to see mo'betta pictures of that guy.

I'm having rich undercover digging envy just now. Is this space directly beneath the first floor? No coins as of yet? Nothing like some "Luncheon Cheese." eh.

zagat-by-teleburst-wordpressdotcom.jpg
Perhaps Max is a long lost relative of the Zagat tribe.

t-klimt.jpg

RedGinger

Reaction score
I thought it said "JB" at first, too. I think Tom found a coin, but I didn't see it. What was it, Tom? I would like to etend my thank to Tom, as well, for helping us get this permission.

Jim

Reaction score
Looks like another fun dig for you guys. I hope it's loaded with goodies. ~Jim

KBbottles

Reaction score
I love reading all of your posts! What an amazing day!!! Were the old druggist stores on your maps now residential or are they local business buildings?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I'd like to see mo'betta pictures of that guy.

Surface,...here's a few shots...sure is tough to get crisp macro shots with our poor gritty old kodak....(She goes to all the digs w/ us/)[;)]

Were the old druggist stores on your maps now residential or are they local business buildings?

Ken,....some are still business's. I'd share more, but last year on our drugstore dig, we were running into folks at bottle shows and auctions that actually drove to our town and drove around till they located where we were digging, just by the limited pics I had posted of that dig! (Mostly "lurkers" on here, we found out after the fact...)[8|][align=right]
[/align]

8C43E21B9CAA44049B06DA551FF1576A.jpg

Attachments

• 8C43E21B9CAA44049B06DA551FF1576A.jpg
    8C43E21B9CAA44049B06DA551FF1576A.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 53

KBbottles

Reaction score
Yea thats the dangers... Crazy! I have some sanborn maps of places near me and they show druggists at some... but i havent had much luck with any of the residential permission asking yet. Only did three so far and two that i though would go over well were slammed in my face :( maybe we dan talk some time at least for advice on approaching how to ask. I have no need to drive all the way to you sites lol theres plenty to keep me busy but its been tough getting into privat property so far.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
i havent had much luck with any of the residential permission asking yet. Only did three so far and two that i though would go over well were slammed in my face :(

Ken,...I hear you...I'd say keep your chin up and keep trying,...I seem to have the best luck when I'm feeling confident and "on my game", Plus we've been lucky on our end, because , well, Tom has quite a few business and political connections here in our town,....(Apologies ahead of time here Tom),...(He hates it when I mention that he's our local Mayor.) Plus he's a very personable guy, and knows EVERYBODY. [;)]

P.S. Ken,...I didn't mean you when I made mention of folks looking for our dig sites... It just seems that there ARE folks that come on here and note folks dig sites....[:mad:]

Digswithstick

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Is anyone else's forum page slow? Mine has been taking awhile to load.

Yeah,...that's why it's taking forever between my posts Laur....

Lauren found some cool marbles, I found a tiny onionskin? marble and a weird jewel like thing...Laur found the tiny "trade bead".

B397E96BDC754F2DA3F061DCB53AB8D2.jpg
The B------- (did not spell town but i think the local might give it away ) Diggers score again ,way to go ,nice finds ! Just can't beat finding locals in my opinion!
Do not think marble on left is "onion skin'' but looks to be a handmade Swirl ,Banded /Coreless ,hard to tell from pic .Is there a core or just bands ?
Marble on far right (white base green ribbon) is Alley Agate .
Not sure about" trade bead " most i have seen are round or oblong ,but i have not seen that many . [:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson