sprite acl

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, dug this one today. it'a 12oz. sprite. on the heel is the #61 and the #4 in a diff area. would this indicate it was made in 1961? enbossed on bottom in circle BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK and an L in the center. this is like the one for $4,000 except it is a diff. park and has the acl label. does any one know how long they produce these national park bottles and how many diff. parks? thanks for looking and any information would be appreciated. thanks rhona

Rp44252.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44252.jpg
    Rp44252.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 96

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna wheres the pix of all those dump finds???? ive got 2 sprite bottles that are full with national parks on the base collectors editions? 60s ? worth?

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi madman, thanks for looking and checking your bottles. i thought it was neat to find one with a national park on it. the one fondation i have been digging is just about finished. i just started to dig about a 1/2 block away. it's a very steep hill. that's where i found the sprite bottle. i went today, digging was slow, we had a 100 degree heat index. i found a acl pepsi today, had to dig under the rusted out beer cans. this area was used as a dump for a long time, but maybe 20 yrs ago they dump a lot of LARGE rocks to build up the top of the hill for a parking lot. well, we'll just keep on digging. rhona

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna glad to see you still digging!! wow dig deep in that one for the oldies!! liked the sprite, nice find!! wheres the pix of all the bottles from the hill side ???????????? mike

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike, trying to get all my embossed beers together is going to be a job. they are in boxes in my living room, boxes on the frt porch, and boxes in the basement, there are still a lot in plastic bags in my yard. i can't set then up in the yard as ginger II will run all over them, possibly the drive way? something i will have to work on. rhona

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn