Squat crown + ..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The fleas were slightly better than usual today, at least I had some stuff to choose from, from which I chose these.. 2 decent local blobs, the bluing (why not) and this emerald local, I'm guessing 1890's? it will not fit neatly into other categories on the shelf!

3711134756_f4056a0d4d_b.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thank you, Jeff and Mike! Personally I think those script-embossed ones are just killer! I dug 3 of the same but I will just keep taking more of them any chance I git! The John Schultz is a relatively rare Long Branch bottle, with a very handsome posture.
Nobody thinks the green one is kinda weird? Late Victorian mallet revival? I've seen one with a lightning stopper on the bay..

appliedlips

Reaction score
As crowntops go that's a KEEPER! Reminds me of the green Citrates from the same era.

Looking at it again, and you mentioning a lightning stopper I'd say its a good chance it's a Citrate of Magnesia..

madman

Reaction score
yo cyb the green bottle is wicked cool - very interesting indeed! mike

treasurekidd

Reaction score
That crown squat is cool looking. It kinda reminds me of an english ale bottle, like a porter or something. The other ones are nice too. Sweet finds!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Love the Wyckoff's....Had one years ago,...e bayed it and never found another.....Mine was crazy iridescent with a chipped lip. I always really liked it's shape and embossing. Those are all good grabs Charlie...The greeen one's cool. Joe

glass man

Reaction score
IM CRAZY BOUT THE SCRIPT BLOB! LOVE THE BLUEING BOTTLE A LOT TOO!

houseman

Reaction score
I don't think the French & Co bottle is a citrate. I am by no means an expert in bottles from that area, but I actually happen to have a French & Co crown top in the "normal" crown top soda shape. Same color green and definitely a drink bottle, not a med.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter