squirt bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

squirtbob

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: madman

YEAH IVE GOT THE CHART AROUND HERE SOMWHERE THANKS, I NOTICED MY KNOXVILLE BOTTLE IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN YOURS CHECK THE PIX, NICE BOTTLES YOUVE GOT!

EFAFA32186674157A0B18AE5A925F195.jpg
Madman, Since we confirmed that your bottle is from 1947 based on the S on the neck could you please look at the bottom of the bottle and let us know what numbers you find. I was pretty certain your bottle was vintage 1944-1947 based on what appears on the back of the bottle. Thanks.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
As the info from the acl book indicates, after about 1953 Glenshaw began to double-digit their dates. But as for the other numbers prior to this, like the 700-?7 on carling's bottle, those are some kind of bottle "style/design/color" indicators. I have several Glenshaw bottles that have the same or similar numbers on the bases but with different date codes. In other words, the 700 can be found on other green, 7 ounce bottles of a similar shape, but be an entirely different brand. For example, I have a "Home Beverages" 7 ounce marked on the base with 15-700 G63 which is identical in shape and size to your average (earlier) 7up and/or Squirt bottles.

When I get the time, I will post some example pictures of various Glenshaw bases.

In the meantime, I'm not taking the bet, but will "guess" carling's bottle is marked with an O [sm=thumbup1.gif]

SPB

squirtbob

Reaction score
Once again, you are the man! I think "o" is possible, but unlikely. I'm sticking by my guns. Carling may have to get a microscope to settle this. ...and I noticed looking carefully at the neck on my best Glenshaw bottle that a number appears on the opposite side of the neck from the L.
ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

As the info from the acl book indicates, after about 1953 Glenshaw began to double-digit their dates. But as for the other numbers prior to this, like the 700-?7 on carling's bottle, those are some kind of bottle "style/design/color" indicators. I have several Glenshaw bottles that have the same or similar numbers on the bases but with different date codes. In other words, the 700 can be found on other green, 7 ounce bottles of a similar shape, but be an entirely different brand. For example, I have a "Home Beverages" 7 ounce marked on the base with 15-700 G63 which is identical in shape and size to your average (earlier) 7up and/or Squirt bottles.

When I get the time, I will post some example pictures of various Glenshaw bases.

In the meantime, I'm not taking the bet, but will "guess" carling's bottle is marked with an O [sm=thumbup1.gif]

SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Based on my preliminary findings, (that need additional confirmation) the Glenshaw number 700 stands for ...

7 = 7 ounce
00 = Green Glass

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Or ...

7 = 7 ounce
00 = Style/Shape

And the second set of double digit numbers is the color code.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I'm looking through my Glenshaw bottles and found a 7 ounce green glass "Dash" marked with ...

G 62 700-43

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
PS ~

The 1963 "Home Beverages" and the 1962 "Dash" are identical is every way except for being different brands, and have slightly different numbers ...

Home Beverages = G 63 15-700

Dash = G62 700-43

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
PS ~PS

Carling's Squirt bottle appears to be marked ... 700-47 ( I say "appears" because I'm not sure about the second number )

I find it hard to be a coincidence that all of these green 7 ounce bottles have the 700 if not related to the contents size, and possibly color as well. ???

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
squirtbob ~

Please check all of your Glenshaw Squirt's and see if they have the 700. And also what the double-digit second numbers are.

Thanks.

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
PS ~ PS ~ PS

I have a clear glass "Crown Beverages" Glenshaw bottle marked with ...

G 62 4?-700 (I can't make out the number next to the 4 but the bottle is definitely a 7 ounce)

Thus, my new theory is that the 700 definitely stands 7 Fluid Ounces, but not related to the color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc