St. Patrick

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

marjorie040

Reaction score
Wow Bearswede!!
Your UNGENTARIAN is spectacular!! and I appreciate the links!
I noticed from your photo that you've got alittle SNOW in Mass! Stay warm!!
Marjorie

madpaddla

Reaction score
Looks like you have a problem there Mike ! In this case there are still contents in that bottle. You might want to empty it before posting it on ebay [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Ben

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, there sure are some pretty green bottles posted. makes me almost feel like a kid again going thru the sears or wards catalog circleing the things you want. what a wish list i have now.. great shapes and colors, rhona

bearswede

Reaction score
I noticed from your photo that you've got alittle SNOW in Mass! Stay warm!!
Marjorie

Yes, Marjorie... There IS an Ol' Man Winter... And he won't stop bugging us!!! He even threw in a few flurries today... Glad you liked the unguantarium and links to Roman era bottles... I also have this bubbly beauty:

Ron

A13BA77209E941F7A255A8009B59B0F8.jpg

Attachments

• A13BA77209E941F7A255A8009B59B0F8.jpg
    A13BA77209E941F7A255A8009B59B0F8.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 54

amblypygi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: southern Maine diver

You still diving? How's the Conn River... is it iced in still or is it diveable? How's the visibility? Are you comming up for the bottle show on April 1st?

Anyway, would love to chat with you about doing some diving. Get back to me.

Hi Wayne,

Yeah I've been scarce lately. I haven't done any diving but I am really looking forward to getting back into the river. There's another diver named Kevin on the forum who contacted me and I've been meaning to call him back (you here Kevin? I'm gonna give you a call, really! When you called I was in North Carolina coming down with pneumonia [:'(]).

We should all definitely plan a river dive, sort of like the forum dig but only for those of us with gills! I know some great places up north that are still pretty much un-picked. I got my boat last fall so I'm good to go.

After I get back from this trip to the islands I'll post a thread on this as see if we can get something together for the summer.

Sean

marjorie040

Reaction score
Ron,
BEAUTY is right!
Where did you acquire this and the other ancient bottle?
I'm guessing they are too old and too fragile to have been dug....thanks so much for giving us a peek.
THE GROUND HOG LIED!
Marjorie

bearswede

Reaction score
Marjorie...

The emerald green unguentarium I won on ebay... No claims of origin were made for it, but I'm pretty sure it's Roman era... Altho there is the possibility it's later... Whatever, it's a nice crude bottle and in a beautiful color...

The round perfume? I bought from an on-line marketplace called Trocadero... Their merchants are legit... A lot of these pieces have been dug from desert environments in the Middle East and show a range of patinas depending on soil make-up... These two obviously came out pretty au naturel...

Ron

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229