Stacked roll of metal somethings???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Little Wing

Reaction score
these were in a whitish chunk stacked like coins would be. in the dirt near them there were bottles like sawyer's crystal blueing, and medicine type bottles. i'm completely stumped. they're very thin and pliable. more silvery on one side kinda whitish on the other.

7EB9F1B990F948DCB08AB62D0D281040.jpg

Attachments

• 7EB9F1B990F948DCB08AB62D0D281040.jpg
    7EB9F1B990F948DCB08AB62D0D281040.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 54

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Wax seals perhaps? Maybe some kid was playing with his parents' stationery set ..?

capsoda

Reaction score
WOW!!!! that nickle looks like brand new.....[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

They were the seals for whiskey bottles most probably.

Little Wing

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: capsoda

WOW!!!! that nickle looks like brand new.....[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

They were the seals for whiskey bottles most probably.

that would make sense because when i pried them apart they were shaped roughly like a cap to a bottle.

Little Wing

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Wax seals perhaps? Maybe some kid was playing with his parents' stationery set ..?

they're some type of very thin stamped metal.

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Lead seals that went on a bottle, likely spirits. Why a person would save them is beyond me. One thing for certain. This is a very strange existence and the ramblings of the human psyche throughout history reflect the eccentricities of a complex, ever-baffling animal.

Little Wing

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i have a better idea what they are and lead poisoning. lol akk.

if anyone is interested in having them you could have them for the couple dollars it would take to mail them. as long as it's legal to mail lead to people. [8|][:-]

i would have just used them as decorations in a collage or on a junk bottle but if they're lead i'd better not.

Little Wing

Reaction score
i'll send them to whoever wants them and when you get them you can send the postage. or a weird seed pod, or some thorns from where you live. more fun that way.

my son found a plant that looks like giant hairy spider legs, i want to put some in a jar for a halloween display. milk weed pods are great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4