Steele & Price

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deracrow

Reaction score
From what I can find on the internet about this company Price bought out Steele's interest in 1884. Did the name continue as Steele & Price after the buyout? This small 2 inch long bottle is I assume a perfume bottle?
stem.JPGst3em.JPGI have a Dr. Price" extract bottle and saw a later Price's Wild Flowers perfume labeled bottle which was much larger.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It looks like a medicine bottle to me, rather than a perfume bottle. Although I don't know anything about the company, if they were a perfume company then medicine isn't very likely.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
The form is most likely medicine. If they were selling extracts and perfumes they probably sold meds as well...

Jim G

deracrow

Reaction score
Thanks. They are advertising as Steele & Price in 1879. I still do not know if they continued using the dual name after the Buy out in 1884. I am just trying to date the bottle and determine what such a small bottle was used for. Since they sold a lot of products it could be many things, from the list probably perfume or dental medicine.

nhpharm

Reaction score
It looks pretty early to me and I am sure is pre-1884. Reminds me of a lot of 1870's/early 1880's pharmacy bottles we dig down here in Galveston.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler