Stiegel Chestnut

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglass

Reaction score
Steve,

I do like this one. Certainly 18th century, and a nice bright color. It could have been produced at a number of glasshouses and to be honest, Stiegel isn't top on my list, but as you mentioned in an earlier thread... we always lean toward or region.

This looks like a possible New England Glassworks (Temple NH 1780) piece to me. I would have suspected Wistarburgh before Stiegel. There are 2 or 3 other strong possibilities as well.

Please let me know if it ever needs a new home! :)

Mike

earlyglass

Reaction score
The dark basement of a museum is no place for a bottle. I can offer this baby bright lights, lots of love and other similar bottles to hang out with. I also caress my bottle twice daily!

Something tells me neither of us has a chance! :)

div2roty

Reaction score
Something tells me neither of us has a chance! :)

me either, although technically I said near a museum. My bottles sit out on late 1700-mid1 1800s furniture, or they sit on a window sill overlooking one of DCs park...and I only mention that so that you might be tempted to look at them here.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/My-bottles-moved-to-DC/m-338404/tm.htm

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Steve, All I can say is thanks. "As always" you make a nice presentation of a bottle and show us the key features. Your works should be appreciated by every FORUM member, in my opinion. RED Matthews

CazDigger

Reaction score
Hi Steve, although I have never dug a whole one to see the complete shape and form, I have dug chestnuts with similar color and lips at the Mt Vernon site. Just another possibility to consider.
Mark

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26