Stiegel Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Pointx

Thanks for everyones great information. Im going to get pictures of the other pieces and have them sent to me. As soon as I have the complete collection in my hands,ill post the pictures.

In all honesty, its been somewhat hard, to have them give up the pieces, cuz they think they might be worth some money. I feel they can be better perserved and enjoyed if they were donated to a museum. I was thinking, possibly even the small collection museum in Manheim, seeing that's were my family is from and most likely the glass pieces we have. I have never donated collectibles before, but if anyone has some experience in it, I would love to be apprised on how to best start.

Thanks again.
Scott
You could always donate them for a specific period of time in case you decide that you want them to remain in the family in the future. You should get them appraised as well, if you decide to make the donation permanent you might as well receive the proper tax deduction. You might also want to consider donating to a museum that doesn't have alot of pieces, I imagine the Manheim has many pieces already in their collection. Try and contact a local historian who may be able to steer you in the right direction to enhance a few different collections at multiple places. The reason I say this many museums have a ton of stuff gathering dust in storage, I know if I donate to a museum I want to make sure the items are displayed, what good is the preservation of such beautiful pieces if they are locked in a drawer in a storage room....

Hope that helps a little....Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers