Still Want Illinois Bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I AM STILL LOOKING FOR ILLINOIS BLOBS, MEDS, HUTCHES, FLASKS, COLORED MEDS, CURES, LINIMENTS, ALES, WHISKIES, SODAS, CURES, INKS, AND BITTERS BOTTLES FROM ANYWHERE IN ILLINOIS! WILL LOOK AT ANYTHING! I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU SHOW ME! WILL PAY GOOD MONEY FOR GOOD ILLINOIS BOTTLES!
EXAMPLES OF TOWNS IN ILLINOIS THAT HAVE BOTTLES! EUREKA, PEORIA, BLOOMINGTON, LA SALLE, PEKIN, DECATUR, BEARDSTOWN, JACKSONVILLE, JERSEYVILLE, ELGIN, ROCK ISLAND, JOLIET, EAST ST. LOUIS, CAIRO, CHICAGO, METAMORA, QUINCY, DANVILLE, BELLEVILLE, ROCKFORD, MARENGO, LEWISTOWN, HARVARD, WOODSTOCK, ASTORIA, LITCHFIELD, MATTOON, MARINE, CHESTER AND MANY OTHERS AND THESE ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD! I AM DETERMINED TO GET A VERY GOOD SIZED COLLECTION GOING BY THE END OF THIS YEAR SO HELP ME OUT HERE FELLAS![;)]

zecritr

Reaction score
all i have is a dr. w.b. caldwell's laxative from monticello,ill and they seem to be common

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Thanks for your response and yes they are extremely common. It seems everywhere you look at a bottle show or an antique shop you always see a healthy population of them. Lol[;)]

stlouisbottles

Reaction score
I have a collection of Illinois bottles and just something you might want to think about is limiting yourself on what you are going to collect. The state of Illinois in a whole had many bottles, soda which came in blob top, hutches and crown tops, medicines, liquor, Beer which also come in blob top and crown top and then milk bottles and etc.
You may want to do a certain area of the state if you are going to collect all types of bottles just some food for thought! Good Luck!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Thanks for something to think about stlouisbottles! I have thought about that but I always throw it aside because I love collecting bottles so much I wouldn't want to limit it. I only get the older bottles and nothing newer like crown tops or screw tops. And I only look for milk bottles from 1 town. I just thought that since I am still very young I wouldn't limit myself to just a certain area because I have a lot of collecting ahead of me in my years.[;)]

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
because I love collecting bottles so much I wouldn't want to limit it.

I like that statement. [sm=thumbup.gif] Try collecting them from all over the world. Happy Hunting. PS I am sending you a box of bottles soon. [sm=kiss.gif]

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Unclebruce are you serious about the bottles or was it a joke?[8|]

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Was digging through my stock pile again and ran across:

G A TOLLE // monogram // REGISTERED // LITCHFIELD ILL all embossed in a plate mold G.A.T. on the base

CHAS SINGER // PEORIA // ILLS. embossed on front S. B. & G. CO. on back at heel C S on base.

Think you might be interested in these? [8|]

ECD7FC4879904B488C997D0D87F1AE4E.jpg

Attachments

• ECD7FC4879904B488C997D0D87F1AE4E.jpg
    ECD7FC4879904B488C997D0D87F1AE4E.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 62

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I am definately interested in the one from Litchfield if it's in really good shape.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers