Stoddard double eagle with half leaf for sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I hate to do it but I have checks need clearing. This is (hopefully to be was) a prized possession.Like the title says.It has lip to shoulder cracks and maybe some glue was used but the half leaf I think offsets that. One of a kind for sure. $175 shipped priority to US only.I'll throw in the Stoddard, base embossed cone ink, also damaged by small lip chip and a crack. Under a loop I still can't tell if it goes further and can't get a proper picture. Large X and a 500, or 200, maybe S00 or something is just backward.[8|] Good hole filler for your collection. Also a Antique Glass Bottles-Their History and Evolution 1500-1850 by Willy Van Bossche. $80 media shipping. It's the bay not but I won't net the same price after fees and I'd be happy to cancel it. [attachment=dbleagle.jpg][attachment=dbleagle2.jpg][attachment=stoddard ink.jpg]

Attachments

• ec9f9ee577dd47d6888f0c9d0e07970c.jpg
    ec9f9ee577dd47d6888f0c9d0e07970c.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 109
  • fae3c33ae3e64972804ac22d05200f11.jpg
    fae3c33ae3e64972804ac22d05200f11.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 541e5b0e5de74d4ea0774084170ad708.jpg
    541e5b0e5de74d4ea0774084170ad708.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 104

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I would like to have the flask, because of the pinched glass half leaf and the flask that it is. It is a trough time of the year right now = because we are getting ready to migrate with the geese. I will check back with you in a couple weeks Eric and see if the flask and the book are still available. Or you could give me a CALL 941-993-6650. RED M

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Those two numbers are different than my file info. I'm sending you a PM with what I have.You can have the flask for free Red, I know you appreciate it. The book is another matter.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I see that I had that phone wrong again. 941-993-6850 . I am going to quit using Facebook if they keep adding messages of postings to my Cell Phone. I have a lot of realatives that think the world needs to see a loot of bs info. RED M.

MuddyMO

Reaction score
Adding to your flask, I've also got a Stoddard NH, Granite Glass Co. embossed double eagle pint with the same "leaf". From what I can see, it's actually a tool mark possibly due to glass getting thin? It's weird for sure. A green cornucopia_urn pint of mine exhibited a similar stab mark, and has junk throughout the glass.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
PAT I want to get in touch with you. I have tried - so this is another try. I wrote up a what I thought was a mechanical explanation for these leaf type marks. The write up got a lot of feed back and the continued study convinced me that these flat leafs of glass were form the hot glass parison being pinched in the closed mold for the final blow, and the bottle blowinjg team opened the mold to rlease pinched glass and then the mold was closed again around the parison and the final blow making the bottle - but the half leaf was coverd by the parison blow-out to the mold wall, encasing the half leaf form on the bottles surface. Since then I have felt guilty about the action, but from my mold shop experienceI knew that milling cutters were used in mold cavity correction to mill out where the metal could be welded back in - and the mold surface worked back to the form wanted. I have now collected other pieces of glass work with the half leaf form in them. I would like to buy yours if you want to put it in my collection. Check my yome page - if you havent already done it. I have collected glass for 77 years +/ and I have a couple thousand investments. I don't need any more, but things follow me home. I have concentrated on only hand blown glass for several years now. Trying to study the marks of how the bottle glower accomplished his product.
There is a lot to it. Ane I have about three hundred items in this little den. My early studies concentrated on Mineral Water Bottles, Anchient Age Gins, and glass items that couldn't be made fast enough to meet the demand for them. I look forward to hearing from you. RED Matthews <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>I have concentrated

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen