The Half-Leaf Mold Cavity Repair Mark

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
We did kick the mold the repair theory to the curb, this one is considered mystery solved to most of us... Now we just have to get the misinformation about a mold repair to stop spreading...

GuntherHess

Reaction score
One of the moderators should move this thread as a sticky under HISTORIC GLASS section of the forum.
May reduce the number of times its rehashed or at least give people an easy to find post to ref when it does rise up again and again. Would save some bandwidth.

westernbittersnut

Reaction score
cowseatmaize,

My book was published and sold in December 2010. 125 copies were printed, presold and distributed, several bottle collectors ordered more than one copy, in the fifth reply to this thread is my first post with the information as to possibly obtaining a copy of the book. It is a high quality reference book & supplement of 255 pages with over 150 articles written on the glassworks. Please try the contact information in the above posting to acquire a copy.

westernbittersnut

Reaction score
Jeff,
And you never will, as this anomaly is not the result of a repaired or altered mould. For any one interested the small lettered variant of the Dr. RENZ's HERB BITTERS is a great example of a mould that was repaired, all of the examples of these bottle have the exact same features pressed into the glass from the moulds alteration in the EXACT same location. Depending on the glassblowers individual ability (lung capacity, size of gather on the blowpipe) this feature is more or slightly less pronounced/detailed, but it is always visible.

Unlike the half-leaf anomaly which only occurs from the glassblowers inconsistency occasionally occuring on examples of his workmanship.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Thanks Warren, I love my books but I'm still restricted by budget. Maybe someday.

Matt, should I set up another poll?[:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'd like to make a request. I would like to make this one....
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-355900/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#355900
a post to the Britishforum.
In order to make it available to them without registration here I need to move it to another spot.
I would really like to hear some European input if there is any.
I won't do it without consent. What do you say? Is it OK with you?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
small lettered variant of the Dr. RENZ's HERB BITTERS is a great example of a mould that was repaired, all of the examples of these bottle have the exact same features pressed into the glass from the moulds alteration in the EXACT same location. Depending on the glassblowers individual ability (lung capacity, size of gather on the blowpipe) this feature is more or slightly less pronounced/detailed, but it is always visible.

The modified/repaired mold Townsend's Sarsaparillas are also pretty well known.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: westernbittersnut

Jeff,
And you never will, as this anomaly is not the result of a repaired or altered mould. For any one interested the small lettered variant of the Dr. RENZ's HERB BITTERS is a great example of a mould that was repaired, all of the examples of these bottle have the exact same features pressed into the glass from the moulds alteration in the EXACT same location. Depending on the glassblowers individual ability (lung capacity, size of gather on the blowpipe) this feature is more or slightly less pronounced/detailed, but it is always visible.

Unlike the half-leaf anomaly which only occurs from the glassblowers inconsistency occasionally occuring on examples of his workmanship.

We are in total agreement Warren!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen