Stolen from NH Bottle Show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ktbi

Reaction score
Thought I would share the following post from the American Bottle Auctions Website:

**IMPORTANT MESSAGE** “I’d like to report a rare bottle that was stolen from my table at the Keene, NH show on October 11, in case it comes to you for auction/sale. It is a green umbrella ink embossed “J W SEATON, LOUISVILLE, KYâ€. This particular bottle is uniquely identifiable by a small bird swing on one side at the base, and has other unique characteristics which will prove that it is mine. Thank you.†**Please contact American Bottle Auctions if you have any information pertaining to the theft of this bottle.**

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
It's a shame that this kind of thing occurs. This economy makes people do things that they normally wouldn't do. Others do them no matter what the circumstances. Soon all will know that when they take from another, they are really taking from themselves. A rare item like that is sure to show up and when it does the perpetrator will be caught. Sorry for your misfortune, but I trust that it will show up before long.

woody

Reaction score
I heard someone mentioning that this ink was stolen off the table at the show.[:mad:]
They said it was a $1,500.00 ink.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. I wonder what else they might have stolen? I hope your ink turns up soon and the thief is caught. That sucks.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I hope when the lowlife is found, he is tarred and sharded.

ajohn

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that.An item like that is bound to show up sooner or later.As for the man or woman who STOLE it,their sleep is troubled.
I'll keep my eyes and ears tuned on this side of the country.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I just read about that last night on their web page. As much as it sucks, I'm not at all surprised. It's a down economy and these shows are open to the public. Any yahoo that walks into the show could be a thief, and it's not like lifting an ink would be that difficult, as opposed to a med or bitters. It's only a matter of time before a one of a kind ink comes up again though. Anyone with the dough to drop on it will most likely have heard about the theft and will turn the person in. And if it shows up on the web then their definitely busted. I can't see a collector taking it without knowing that they can never show it to anyone, and if they got busted they were in deep doo doo. $1500 is grand theft. That means prison time. It would serve em right.

potstone

Reaction score
I'm sorry about your loss. I don't know how anybody can enjoy
owning some thing that they stole; like the ink. If they have
collecting friends their not going to be able to share their new acquisition with them. What fun is that? Just hope that someone,
maybe a member of this forum, may get a tip that a person is trying to sell an ink that falls into your inks description and contacts you or the police and maybe, post on this forum the guilty persons name. But then again posting a name could cause other legal problems with the forum member making the post. So posting a name may not be a good avenue to take.

Jim

Reaction score
I sincerely hope that this thieving charlatan is arrested, and the ink returned safely to its rightful owner. It's bad enough to be a scummy thief, but this creep also ruined someone's day at what was intended to be an enjoyable event.

When this thief has his day in court, I hope he gets the nastiest hard-line judge in the state who will greatly enjoy throwing the maximum sentence at him. Should he decide to attend any more bottle shows after his release, he should be thrown out at the door and immediately treated to a "blanket party" in the back parking lot [:mad:]. ~Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1