Stoneware miniatures

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

akronmarbles

Reaction score
Over the last few years, I have been lucky to excavate these little stoneware miniature toys. Smallest is 1/2" up to 2". They all came from the same factory site in Akron, Ohio. Mini jugs, smoking pipes, chamber pot, mug, etc.

akronmini.jpg

welddigger

Reaction score
Those are awesome!! I've only dug the clay pipes and two little mugs with sayings on them about drinking, about 2'' tall. What you got there is really cool collection, and I love the jugs!!!!! You say they are toys I always thought that they might have been whimseys or such. The only reason is because of the mugs I found and some others I've seen around shows and flea markets, that have sayings that weren't intended for children?

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Wow, those are great! I guess Ohio is the place to be for that kind of stuff. You could make a killer display, or with some research make that a display at a bottle show or your local library. When I was in Fairbanks, Alaska last March I visited with a 90 year old bottle collector and this is his display of miniatures, sorry it's so blurry.

2A7BC95914894029A1C25A45B14731BE.jpg

Attachments

• 2A7BC95914894029A1C25A45B14731BE.jpg
    2A7BC95914894029A1C25A45B14731BE.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 66

akronmarbles

Reaction score
Thanks all. I do have a display of these at The American Toy Marble Museum in Akron. I would show the best ones but don't seem to have any pics on my home computer - I know I do at work though. The ones pictured are all duplicates. The company that made these was called The American Marble and Toy Manufacturing Co. They were in business from about 1891 till 1904 when the plant burned to the ground. There were thousands of toys like these pouring out of the ground during construction activity - most of the stuff was broken or factory rejects - but ever so often something killer would come up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles