Straight Side Coca-Cola Bottle Pictures

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Andrewt

I need to find the other coke book as well( I don't recall the name) it has the diffetent variations from each town and it's collectability factor/rate. I think D.E. Wright ones are worth more like the R.J. Shines with scripts but I could be wrong. I have a grey/clear verner springs also!!

I can be difficult to find info on all these variations as the Porter book does not address everything in that relation. I'm also interested in knowing more about these. I do know there is the CEW Wrights in amber, green and clear, then there is another CEW Wrights variant in abmer and clear with "Ice and Coal mfg" in block letters and coca cola script on reverse. Those are more valuable and scarce.
Nice score on the Verner. Everyone need one in their collection. Unique looking bottle and they can be had for pretty cheap since a crate of 24+ was found a while ago.

I just scored a LG HEIBEL, Madison wis on ebay for a cheap buy now .. heres a pic.. I wonder if you could find more info on the NM NELIN variants also.. They are both from Rockford IL and had Coca-Cola script on reverse. I find the Coke bottle with these company names on the interesting and like to collect them. I'm still in the process of refining my direction but narrowed it down to Illinois ss Cokes and non boring variants.. I just try and avoid the general shoulder or base scripted ones rare or not. Just not interested in those.
T2eC16FHJGIE9nnWprHOBQzeJzDW4w60_12_zps240cc83e.jpg

T2eC16RHJGIE9nnWq6sBQzeJ2GkKg60_12_zpsad6530cd.jpg

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AlexD

Your collection is one of the best I've seen![:-][8D]

ORIGINAL: AlexD

Hey Dave, would you be interested in my Charleston Amber? I have it $150 buy it now but will take less.[;)]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290811745154?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Why Thank you . .

I'm still in my infant stages of collecting ss cokes. I decided to focus on Illinois since its my home state. I also buy the fancy scroll scripts whenever I see them for sale. Those are one of my favorites. Im looking for Mt. Carmel and Decatur IL in those. Right now I just have a bunch of Peorias and Chicagos.

Appreciate the offer but The Charleston does not fit into my direction. I avoid the "basic" bottom / shoulder scripted ones. If I do buy any with damage it would be exceeding rare ones. The beat to hell amethyst Cumberland Diamond script one is a good example. Also always looking for beat up hutches.

ORIGINAL: madman

im heading to toledo for xmas gonna dig , ive found shards of the ddtoledo bottles in the dump where i dig so.... wish me luck

I hear ya.. finding shards is always a great indication on whats to be had in that spot. I wish you the best of luck on the dig. there is no telling what is hidden and waiting to be dug.. The excitement of finding anything like these bottles is worth the time. I am probing areas by me for a dig this spring.

ORIGINAL: MrSchulz

Any Iowa ones? Besides the Des Moines, Davenport specfically. Sell the des moines?

I actually just acquired the Des Moines 2 weeks ago. My buddy's friend works road construction and unearthed 4 of these . 2 in flint color two in aqua. I was lucky enough to score the one I have. I'm for sure gona hold on to it but at the moment I do not have any others from Iowa.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
Here are some more detailed pics of one of my favorites. The L.A. WOLCOTT. I'm pretty sure there are less than 15 examples known. Figured this is the place to share.

Thanks .

20121007_131510.jpg

20121007_130249.jpg

in the sun light

20121007_131339.jpg

20121007_131234.jpg

Also here is one of my displays of non-Illinois ss cokes.. I arranged it by color variations. I think it looks pretty cool to see all the variance.

20121030_164821.jpg

Thanks for viewing my thread.. .[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday