Strange Duraglas? (Possibly Condiment)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TeenyWeeny

Reaction score
I found this in my creek a year or two back, and used it for storing coins because it looked cool, never thought anything of it. I looked into Duraglas bottles online just to see if it had any sort of monetary or rarity value, thinking it was some common household bottle. But looking further and further into it I could not seem to find anything resembling it, the closest being a ketchup bottle of some sort. It seems to be a single twist cap, with seashell cosmetics completely surrounding the bottleneck, instead of the well known octagonal ketchup bottles that have them on the main body.

The bottom numbers include:

20 (which I believe means it was made in Oakland CA, which would make sense because I'm in CA)
The newer O/I Logo,
And then another 0.
Below that is simply 3-k, which I cannon find references to.
Then there's the "Duraglas" logo,
And the bottom serial reads as 2143-EP.

I am completely new to antiques and vintage collecting, this may not even be vintage.

duraglasbottom.jpg
duraglasneck.jpg
duraglascap.jpg
duraglaswhole.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I think it probably is a ketchup based on the top. Not that old, 1960s or thereabouts.

TeenyWeeny

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I think it probably is a ketchup based on the top. Not that old, 1960s or thereabouts.
Thanks for the warm welcome! That's kind of what I had been thinking, since it had been in my creek I figured if it were that old that it would have been much more worn. I am however still intrigued as to why I can't find it anywhere, even under promotional and limited edition. But I also know that Duraglas produced tons of bottles for a long time, so I figure it could've come along anytime.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! That's kind of what I had been thinking, since it had been in my creek I figured if it were that old that it would have been much more worn. I am however still intrigued as to why I can't find it anywhere, even under promotional and limited edition. But I also know that Duraglas produced tons of bottles for a long time, so I figure it could've come along anytime.
I think it's just that these sorts of things aren't typically very well documented. There aren't many people out there who care about ketchup bottles enough to want to catalogue all the different forms they came in. Even a lot of more collectible types of bottles aren't anywhere near all documented.

TeenyWeeny

Reaction score
I think it's just that these sorts of things aren't typically very well documented. There aren't many people out there who care about ketchup bottles enough to want to catalogue all the different forms they came in. Even a lot of more collectible types of bottles aren't anywhere near all documented.
I see, that makes a lot of sense.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973