STRYCHNINE GALORE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
wow very interesting be carefull mike

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Kev, That would have made a nice deadly stink bomb. Do you wear a rebreather?

The reason you see so many strychnine and arsenic bottles is that it was used as an early anticeptic. It was also use in a multitude of quack meds and even in cheap whiskey to provide a kick. It killed a lot of babies and I'd bet it caused a lot of headaches too.

atticmint

Reaction score
I usually wear a full face respirator, but if I feel the need I can go to supplied air. From now on when doing cyanides I will keep a fanny pack (5 minute bottle on my belt just in case) for a quick get away. [8|]
All the drums come in labeled to give us an idea of the contents.

"A" drums have acids (i find most of my apothecary bottles in these [;)] )

"B" drums contain mercury compounds,caustic materials and poisons (my favorite type to unpack [:D] )

"C" misc poisonous solids including perscription drugs. [&:]

"D" all types of flammable liquids (sometimes in old booze bottles and mason jars [8D] )

"E" oxidizer material, also good for apothercary bottles and jars.

"F" pesticides, this ones a crap shoot, in fact 7 years ago I opened a pesticide drum and found a cardboard suitcase full of 11 G.I. Joes from the 60's, its also where I found that huge poison bottle a few months ago.

"H" Specials like flammable solids or sometimes explosives [:-]

Its amazing what people throw out sometimes.
Kev

Mike in P.S.

Reaction score
Hazardous waste...

My buddy also runs a hazardous waste depot at the town transfer station. I get a large amount of antique tins from him.That old can of oil is worth more now than it was new! Sold a Silver Shell quart for $40.00.....treasure is everywhere!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause