sunday dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
went digging today, found a new layer in the dump, ive got to check out ,hopefully older stuff !!! the whiskey is cool though mike

Vt56784.jpg

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
nice stuff go find more! [:D] I see that milk glass (isnt that what the white ones are called?) and i have a billion different styles helena rubenstein ponds revlon jergens vanda and lots of unmarked ones....some very very big.....is any type of milk glass jar considered collectible? Anyways good luck and hope you find what your digging for[:D]

madman

Reaction score
hey razor i try to save one of every thing!! id say yes the cream jars have value i always look for embossed versions happy hunting mike

madman

Reaction score
heres some of the above bottles cleaned up mike

Rp44245.jpg

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
wow those are really nice good finds.....btw the coolest milk glass i have found is actually a bottle i found it in the river and it says "early american old spice" on the bottom with a little opening on top....im pretty sure it was cologne from when the old spice company first started up....not that big of deal i like yours a lot more

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
jeez btw great cleaning job i thought that whiskey bottle was amber in color guess it was just super dirty

madman

Reaction score
hey razor thanks! try digging deep in that dump, i got all that newer stuff on top of my dump!!! but i dig deep for the oldies, its hard work through clay and all, but ilove it dig test holes good luck mike

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
i was talking about the river but while we are on the subject i have dug a small area out of this dump and after about 1 1/2-2 feet there are no more bottles! i was very dissapointed....do you think i should dig deeper even though it doesnt look like anything else is there?

madman

Reaction score
hey razor try to dig down another foot, you should get or make a probe, to check for the goodies, dig down till you hit clay or what seems to be the bottom, then probe there could be another layer beneath, it would be crunchy. also the dump your digging may be newer only a foot deep??? check for signs of older glass shards in the area pictured !!!!like cork tops, the older stuff could be any where look for the signs of older glass mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles