Sundays Digging.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
..on the right coast we use chain-link fence.. [:mad:]..

Penn Digger

Reaction score
If a dig spot is not on public property then it is privately owned. If it is privately owned by an individual or bank and one digs on the property without permission then it is trespass. If one gets away with digging on private property without permission, so be it.

If I personally would enconter somebody digging on my property without permission, (I live on a 130 year old estate) I would let them chew on some cold steel for a bit. I love my pistols a bit less than I love my bottles.

PD

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

If a dig spot is not on public property then it is privately owned. If it is privately owned by an individual or bank and one digs on the property without permission then it is trespass. If one gets away with digging on private property without permission, so be it.

If I personally would enconter somebody digging on my property without permission, (I live on a 130 year old estate) I would let them chew on some cold steel for a bit. I love my pistols a bit less than I love my bottles.

PD

Ground control to Mayor Tom,ground control to mayor Tom--load your 45 and make sure your sights are on.pull that hammer and may god be with you.[8D]

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Occasionally I do carry my licensed .45 but only if venturing into a "bad 'hood". It tends to make some officers jumpy until the CCWP is produced.

KBbottles

Reaction score
In most neighborhoods of old abandoned houses in large cities, there is usually not large enough of a police force as it is to control actual crime in that city. Kind friendly bottle diggers are the least the cops have to worry about. Most of them see us as "amateur archaeologists" anyway, often get interested in what we do, and as others have said tell us to just fill 'er in when we're done. Dug a 23 foot cylinder last weekend with some buddies and two different neighbors stopped by. They were very pleased that we could use some of their old branches and junk in their yards as fill. [:D]

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

..on the right coast we use chain-link fence.. [:mad:]..
Chain link fence? What good is that? All we do is wait for the homeless and street derelicts to cut an access hole and it's diggin' time. If it's a temporary construction fence and it can't be easily picked up and moved I cut the chain and add my own. Works every time. Guards, if present, are easily bribed with food or alcohol.

The best way is to talk to the construction super or engineer. One developer just told me to bring a case of cold beer after hours and they would use the trackhoe to dig wherever we told 'em to. Excellent! PU loads of bottles came out of that one. I have become tight with one demolition contractor and he usually lets me know when they are doing a job in the zone.[8D]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Well, it's in a heavily traversed part of the town, right on the main thoroughfare of the town... Jumping the fence would be pretty obvious, and cutting a hole would be even more obvious... Hopefully it will work out! Gotta dig some pontils eventually!

baltbottles

Reaction score
One thing about bottle digging, there ain't too many dull moments in the city.

This is so true......

Do you think many diggers were asking for permission to dig 30 years ago? Every old digger I have met says years ago everything was open for the picking. "Construction sites weren't fenced and there was so many more abandoned houses we would just walk down the allys and pick the easy ones to dig".

Chris

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That's the way it was in the 1970's and into the 80's.. it has been getting steadily worse ever since.. now you can't take a pee on a tree without some camera filming you..

sem_yeto

Reaction score
Well, it appears pretty obvious that the guys with balls find the bottles in the big cities on a regular basis. If you try and second guess every situation, you're never gonna dig lots of bottles. Slum lords and banks who misused the govt bailout money deserve to be dug and dug hard !

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn