Swizzle Jr's First Bottle Dig on Video!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
The quality isn't the best and my battery died but at least I got his first bottle on video. In the first part you can hear my beagle yelling "Good luck on your bottle dig!!" & "Bring me some meat and meat byproducts!" or something like that. Well anyways, on to the video. I hope you all enjoy it. Swiz & Son

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMVGwQbUdio

KBbottles

Reaction score
That's awesome!!! Adorable too. Seems he really enjoys the treasure hunting!! Excellent quality time making sweet finds! Nice work Jr.!!

swizzle

Reaction score
I was quite nervous about taking him digging. I had plans on taking him next year. After seeing him running around a playground and climbing up and over and through everything I figured that I had to do it. All this digging was taking away from my time with him and he needed something to do with his ol' man. As nervous as I was I was still prepared. 1st aid kit and the cell phone on hand. Bought him his own digging tools and a little froggy knee pad for kneeling on broken glass and such. It was time. I was surprised at how well he took to digging. He's gonna be a natural. I kinda guided him to the Dr. Miles bottle and it wasn't long after that that he actually pulled an amber piso's and another smaller bottle all by himself. He was more interested in watching dirt fly then the bottles though. Hey Red if you're reading this then this will make you laugh. That ladies leg whiskey I sent you, I dug another one. I showed it to my son and told him what a cool bottle I had just dug. He told me, "Yup I guess I can keep that one!!". I was like, "You?!? I dug it ya lil turd!!!" I thought it was so cute the way he said it that I had to give it to him. Maybe I'll dig one for myself someday. [:D][:D][:D]. I'm gonna go back on Tuesday and clean up the hole a little so he can cherry pick some more bottles on the next trip. I actually couldn't believe how much fun it was to dig with him. We were only suppose to go for 2 hours because kids get bored quick. I told him that when Mommy calls in a few minutes then its time to pack up and go. He quickly responded, "I'm not ready yet!" [:D][:D] That's my boy. The pic isn't the best but here's his take for the dig. Swiz

5B751ABB194A48FA9D0F64A806B6A077.jpg

Attachments

• 5B751ABB194A48FA9D0F64A806B6A077.jpg
    5B751ABB194A48FA9D0F64A806B6A077.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 59

KBbottles

Reaction score
The "I'm not ready yet" is a sign of a real pro digger you got there! That is so awesome that he enjoys getting out in the field with you.

Dansalata

Reaction score
SWIZ, THE LITTLE MAN DUG BETTER STUFF THAN I HAVE IN A YEAR.....[:)]

appliedlips

Reaction score
It's never too young to start them! Nice video he looks like a chip off of the old block. Here is one of my youngest at 2, I swear it was not staged. I have no idea where he learned this behavior.[:D]

FF8C347180C34E2584A5503FC8DC223D.jpg

Attachments

• FF8C347180C34E2584A5503FC8DC223D.jpg
    FF8C347180C34E2584A5503FC8DC223D.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 67

bostaurus

Reaction score
And..the video is great. It is great that you are taking him with you. You are making memories that will out last the bottles.

swizzle

Reaction score
Anyone else have pics of their lil diggers in action? I think this could be a sweet thread. Swiz [:)]

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
Swizzle,
Great video.....the spiderman outfit and everything. It appears that you already coached him on the difference between a "slick" and embossing! he reassured you......." Its got letters". Thanks for sharing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960