T. Davies Sandhurst Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

old digger

Reaction score
Great show, gloat all you want, I sure would!!! Simply beautiful!!!!!

IRISH

Reaction score
Didn't Lancaster auction a C.S. Yoxall ginger beer a while ago ? I'll see if I can find the catalogue and what it sold for.

Carmo

Reaction score
Hi Irish
I follow Lancasters auctions, I did not see it. Just confirming it is a Yoxall Geraldton CS Giger Beer. I had the chance to buy on at a Perth National in 1979 for $90, I am still kicking myself.
Carmo

Carmo

Reaction score
Hi Kumtow
I will keep an eye out for a Chapman and Jose.
Carmo (Mark not Mike)

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Mark and Irish,
Sorry about the Mike bit, Mark. The Yoxall from Geraldton is sometimes confused with the Yonnex which I think is a Sheperton Vic bottle. I even heard once that the two companies were operated by the same family but I don't know if this is true. I think the Yoxall GB is the rarest Geraldton GB and as far as I know is followed very closely by the Waltho (small). There are apparently 2 sizes.
Alan

IRISH

Reaction score
I don't know about Yonnex but there was a Yoxall in Wangaratta and North Fitzroy (had something to do with Moonee Vally Co) who used a range of bottles, some of them very good ones too. I know of the Geraldton Yoxall though (wouldn't mind one myself [:D] ).

kumtow

Reaction score
G'Day Irish,
Yeah mate, you, me and a hundred other people. I would also like a Walter Foreman GB and Codd, small Waltho GB and codd and of course the ever elusive Chapman & Jose blue bomb. Sigh........[:)]

Carmo

Reaction score
Hi Kumtow
Not to mention the two hybrids from Gero?
Carmo

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Mark,
I know of one, Newmarracarra Station Champion Bay (early name for Geraldton) small hybrid. I know of one complete one found in Cossack and a couple of repaired ones. I heard a rumour about a Hoskin (I think) hybid from Gero but I have never seen one or a piece of one. Is this the second one????
Cheers Alan

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day List

Just following the discussion on hybrids - being a Queenslander, I have a soft spot (and an empty space on the bottle shelf) for any of the Charters Towers Hybrids - 5 varieties and 3 of them with the "Kangaroo" t/m.

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday