Teal Colored Dose Glass + Hawaii + Alaska

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
WOW! TRACY THOSE BLEW MY MIND! I KNOW YOU GOTTA BE PROUD OF THEM! STRANGE ,AS LONG AS I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING BOTTLES [1974] NEVER CAME UP ON A DECENT DOSE GLASS.A NEWER ONE OR SO WITH JUST THE MEASUREMENT MARKS,NEVER AN EMBOSSED ONE OR EVEN ONE WITH A DRUG STOE ON IT.
WISH I COULD HAVE FOUND A COLORED ONE OR ONE FROM JACOBS! WAY TO GO AND THANKS FOR SHOWING! JAMIE

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
No nice colored dose glasses from Maine that I know of. I have 44 ME dose glasses on my list and my collection stands at 26 - it's been a great sub-collection to work on. Pictured are four ME glasses, L to R are THE HEART CURE CO., HALLOWELL, ME; then a F. S. BROWN, REGISTERED DRUGGIST, PRESCRIPTIONS A SPECIALTY, NORTH VASSALBORO, ME; then FRANK B. MOODY, APOTHECARY, WOODFORDS, ME and a dose spoon which reads ACCURACY AT FOWLER'S, 104 MAIN ST. BANGOR.

F. S Brown was Fayette Brown, a female druggist in biz from 1913-1917. Woodfords, Me is now part of Portland.

Thw wooden pencil box in the picture makes a great riser to get a second row of glasses in my display case, the boxes at a buck each at the crafts stores.

Later - Sam

5407FB87DC5541A992E009B4C81DC8F2.jpg

Attachments

• 5407FB87DC5541A992E009B4C81DC8F2.jpg
    5407FB87DC5541A992E009B4C81DC8F2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 100

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I'm always looking for dose glasses from Sacramento, CA, especially ones that I do not currently have.

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Glassman - can't say that I own all of the Jacobs glasses myself, yet. I know that I still need the "Compliments of" variant and one of the others that I have is not in the best of condition.

Capsoda - Other than my 50 state collection, I am trying to find embossed glasses from GA (my home state) and FL (our neighbor to the south). I do have one glass from Pensacola which is embossed...
MARQUIS & MADDOX / DRUGGISTS / PENSACOLA, FLA

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Sam - Nice ones! Thanks for adding the picture. I really like THE HEART CURE CO. glass, and female druggists are always a rare find. Do any of the Maine dose glasses that you know of have pictures embossed (logos, mortars, etc)? I do have one ME glass that is on my list of traders. It is embossed...
Horgan & Abbott / Portland St. / Portland, ME

I have not had a lot of Maine glasses. I used to have one embossed...
Bumpus & Getchell / Registered / Druggists / Auburn, ME.

The one in my 50 state collection is a great one with monogram embossed...
BABCOCK & SHARP / (B&S monogram) / LEWISTON, ME. You can see it here...

http://dgcii.mypicgallery.com/My50States/q-me2_large.jpg

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
Awesome glasses!! I'd love to get my hands on one of those cobalt warner philadelphia ones. This is the only one i have, its local. I know where one of these is sitting for 6 bucks if anyone is interested.
dd626bcd.jpg

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Ancient',

Wow! $6 is a bargain. Somebody should jump on that! Any Peoria collectors out there?

The Warner glass is what I call a dose cap. It was the top to a medicine bottle. There are several variants of it, some measure in TEA and DESSERTspoonful, some in HEAPING TEASPOONFUL (powder). There are slight color variants as is the case with cobalt glass. There is also one variant that does not mention Philly at all. It is embossed...
William R. Warner & Co., Inc. / New York / St. Louis // Heaping Teaspoon (on reverse)

These Warner dose caps are really common, so keep an eye out and you are sure to find one. I thought that I had an extra, but I must have already gotten rid of it. Sorry.

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
i paid 10 for mine. then saw the 6 dollar one. yeah, i was a little muffed but oh well. if anyone wants it, PM me and i'll pick it up for ya.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc