Tear down this wall!!! or no?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Hey guys,
May be silly question, but I've been digging a property in the woods which consists of a foundation, a cistern that held nothing but nice shards, and a few retaining wall holding back earth from the old road along side it.

A section of the wall was collapsed and I found that it was backfilled with trash aka bottles. Ive already found and dug the area where they tossed their main trash, but would it be wrong to dismantle this wall?

I don't see a problem just digging the dumps but destroying a historical structure seems disrespectful.
Any input?

(sorry about the confusion.. I saw you had double posted and removed the other one)

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Pink Floyd and Ronny Raygun would probably say tear down the wall but I would have to ask whos property its on first.
got any photos?

surfaceone

Reaction score
kick-out-jams-03.jpg

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
don't know what happened with my OP but basically I want to know your opinions on whether or not its cool to rip down a stone retaining wall that was backfilled with trash/bottles. is it a piece of history that should be left alone?

I'm not sure who's property it is, think the towns.

Don't have pics but here's a pretty cool McDougall pipe that I pulled out from the area of the wall that has collapsed.
IMAG1839-1.jpg

bloodj2

Reaction score
The digger/treasure hunter in me wants to say "Tear it down"!! but without knowing who's property it is, it just seems like a bad idea.
Granted I didn't see the original post. That is a really neat pipe though.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'd be really tempted to do so, if the bottles would warrant it... I think it's your duty to try to restore it as well as possible afterwards though.

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
5431E0B832A84BA284E4DEFF0910D4D4.gif

From: http://www.yaf.org/uploadedImages/Blogs/berlinwall1.jpg?n=9529

Attachments

• 5431E0B832A84BA284E4DEFF0910D4D4.gif
    5431E0B832A84BA284E4DEFF0910D4D4.gif
    166.1 KB · Views: 54

Brains

Reaction score
somewhere along the little Miami rail trail in ohio, i saw a creek. I followed the creek to what i imagine must have been the little miami river, and just a little before the creek joined the river there was some sort of retaining wall composed of some stacked up rocks. I found a couple busted Cincinnati squat soda's in some pretty colours at the base of the wall in some dirt piles, so i assumed that as the wall collapsed with time the bottles eroded out of the newly exposed dirt, and that i should look behind the wall. I used a rake to tear down a section of it, and i ended up smashing my finger on the wall at some point, so i never found out what was behind it. I do believe there was a big white chamber pot exposed somewhere as well, unrelated to the wall, but it was on the other side of a -too-deep-puddle - so i couldn't get that either.

the point of the story is, i like to tell stories, but also that perhaps you might tear down a small section of the wall just to see what's in there, or just dig in the little already collapsed area. I, being one who enjoys old structures of any sort, probably wouldn't tear any of it down though. they won't build it again eh?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese