Tear down this wall!!! or no?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David Fertig

Reaction score

71D240E654524CE39A8EF222FF06E166.jpg

Yes I make a good portion of my income from doing this, but if given the choice, I would let it stay.

As to your wall - can you dig behind it and let the wall stand? Of course that would probably be more work, but it might be the better choice. Without pics, it's hard to offer a suggestion. But one thought to consider is location and use of the wall. If for some reason the right person were to decide that the wall was needed or had "hysterical value," it could be costly for you.

(And yes, I know I need to get some newer pics or my work)

Attachments

• 71D240E654524CE39A8EF222FF06E166.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 50

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: David Fertig

Yes I make a good portion of my income from doing this, but if given the choice, I would let it stay.

As to your wall - can you dig behind it and let the wall stand? Of course that would probably be more work, but it might be the better choice. Without pics, it's hard to offer a suggestion. But one thought to consider is location and use of the wall. If for some reason the right person were to decide that the wall was needed or had "hysterical value," it could be costly for you.

(And yes, I know I need to get some newer pics or my work)
OMG Dave ! Didn't you check that horse hair plaster before you demo the house? the whole one wall was a coin bank...lol

Plumbata

Reaction score
If possible, i would leave the wall and try digging behind it. There aren't many old stone walls/foundations in these parts but when found, they are super cool. It would be a shame if someone caved them all in in search of ultimately less impressive (or massive) bits of history.

Also, i guess it depends upon what you are finding. If it is TOC stuff then I would definitely leave the wall. If it is pontiled stuff, I might be tempted to strip-mine the whole thing while the gettin' is good. Tough call.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal