TEST

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cc6pack

Reaction score
Spence

U said if we had seen it last Saturday to keep out of it. I did. I sitll find it hard that what U quoted is the true value. Not that I don't beleive U, just hard to see 3-4 hundred for that bot.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
ive already turned down $175 and $350 for this one, so its atleast worth that much, i would do like lobey said and throw it on ebay with a $1,000,000 reserve just to see... im kind of curious how it would do on ebay myself...

tombstone

Reaction score
on ebay really talk it up like it's special. It might be the next half million dollar bottle.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
its Ca. 1890s-1900, and ive done some of my homework on it, but i still have a ways to go... the reason its so rare is because for some reason or other there arent very many coffin flasks from tennessee, i suppose they are all rectangular or strap sides... i think i deserve atleast a C+ or B- i did take it to the show, and seek someone who knew, i found reggie lynch at the show, he was set up across from me, showed it to him and he tried calling Ralph but he couldnt get him... then he gave me his name and told me to go to the FOHBC website and Email him from there... Ralph Van Brocklin lives in tennesee and collects tenessee flasks, along with western whiskeys and bitters... i assure you he came highly recommended by reggie, and i KNOW reggie wouldnt recommend him if he wasnt reliable, i know this because he found a couple other people at the show from there who he thought would know about it, and he got mad at them because the first thing they did was say "do you want to sell it?" when he brought them over with the understanding that it wasnt for sale, and that they were to give information, and help me price it, all of which tried to low ball me... i had estimates ranging from 20-50 all the way up to 150... turns out its $350.... and unique...

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Here is an example of the type of info you might find that can be useful...
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~nashvillearchives/merchantslicenses.html
That is a list of nashville merchant licenses for 1895 (around the time when your bottle might of been made). If you are lucky you can get a street address or period of operation off sites like this. Start putting bits of info together. The more you get , the better you can search. Many times you just hit dead ends though. Especially for rare items.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Matt, Your gonna over load Spencer whit all that info and then someone will have to go over and grease his head to get him in and out of the Love Shack.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Hang in there Spencer, you'll find all the info you need sooner or later.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
thanks alot matt! i didnt see it on that merchants listing, but i may have missed it...they really need to organize that list into alphabetical order...

is it strange that they only found it in the 1874 directory? my bottle isnt even close to that early... tooled top, not applied...definately your typical 1890s-1900 coffin flask....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday