Test

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Great haul!!! Looks like a real MUCK pit, the kind I don't mind getting mucky in! That clasped hands flask has a nice looking light greenish color to it, and that Bell is a real shame, & a whole Drakes is still on my "to-dig" list! Jack

antlerman23

Reaction score
I wish my dad would take me bottle digging [:(]Haha its really cool that you two do that together!You definitely got some sweet stuff from that pit! I would be tickled pinkthanks for showing us! [:)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful glass finds. When you said, three part mold bottles - I have to ask what parts you are referring to?. Two halves and a bottom plate I assume. I enjoy seeing your type of successful bottle finding. Thanks for your presentation. RED M.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Well, I could be wrong Red, but this is what i'm referring to. (Although I think I remember reading that these bottles were actually 4 pc molds, but are called 3pc molds). But hey, someone could definitely step in and correct me.

Attachments

• 18eaee085b714c69b0827917e730c1a0.jpg
    18eaee085b714c69b0827917e730c1a0.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 78

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Pretty commonly called and accepted as 3 pc mold by the collecting community. The earliest were in fact a dip mold bottom with two shoulder halves that closed. I think Ricketts patented the addition of a removeable base plate which could be changed out with different styles or embossings in the early 1820s. (but I could be wrong also, lol) But for the most part it is a generally accepted term to avoid confusion, after all, any removeable slug plate would be considered a 'part' of a mold would it not? So a rectangular bottle with interchangeable embossing (slug) plates on four sides and a separate base plate could in theory be called a 7 piece mold? [&:]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Leon; I liked the glass you have sh9wn us. I would like more information on the dark blue one, where you called it a three piece mold. Does the glass show three mold seams? The bottom shown is also interesting. I would like to study that one. Please check out my home page and check back with me. RED Matthews email <bottlemysteries@yahoo,com>

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229