Thacher Medicine Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Linda B.

Reaction score
I would appreciate any help in identifying the bottle shown. As you can see in the photo, there is still liquid in the bottle, and some of the label is missing. The bottle measures 5 11/16" tall.
THANKS........

Qo40752.jpg

Attachments

• Qo40752.jpg
    Qo40752.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 77

snake oil

Reaction score
Your bottle is an early ABM , pre WW1 , I would guess . Worth $5 max. , to the right person , maybe . How did you get it ? It doesn't look like it was dug .

Tandy

Reaction score
To add my pennyworth, I would say quite probably around the turn of the century. Does the seam go all the way to the top, and what is on the base?

Linda B.

Reaction score
Good morning All, Thanks for the help.
There is no embossing anywhere on the bottle, and no label on the back. The seams go up to the first rib just above the shoulders. My father thinks his brother or sister-in-law gave him the bottle because of the collection dad acquired in Panama in the late 60's.
Linda B.

snake oil

Reaction score
The date , June 30 , 1906 appears on the label . That is what leads me to believe it is an ABM , since the product would have been bottled after June 1906 . ABM or not , bottles of this style with no embossing , to the best of my knowlege , have little or no value . What makes your bottle interesting , is that is still has aprox. 80% of the label . [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!