Thanksgiving Day Hunt!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

creeper71

Reaction score
Look down at the ground an anything that doesn't look like a normal rock stop pick up an check it out...
ORIGINAL: carobran

how do you find arrow heads?..where do you look?is there a certain method are do you just wonder around aimlessly and hope you find one?[:)]

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. This made my day today! Was so happy to finally get her out and find a point. I've always searched for arrowheads... in fact, that's how I got into bottles in the first place. I am prone to check out ANY large areas where Dirt is exposed. Construction, tilled fields, dirt roads, ditches, creeks... just about Anywhere. It takes a while to get a trained eye for it. Getting to know your local artifacts and lithics help to weed out the clutter. After some time... they just seem to Jump out at you! I encourage anyone who has the chance to look at erosion or exposed ground to do so. You never know What you'll find!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
What a great picture of your daughter, it looks like such a candidly happy face. :]

I'm envious of your arrowhead, I've never found one, and I've looked in the places everyone says to look, newly plowed fields, stream beds etc., just not in the cards for me yet.
My son Quincy found an Indian point of some sort, not arrow shaped. Can;'t believe he found one at 8 years old. I'll just keep looking. They are really fascinating to me.

I'll try to find that chip point, and post a pic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING lots to be thankful for, thats for sure.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks Bram. I'm Lucky to live in the area I do. It is Rich with artifacts and offers a lot of chances to get on exposed dirt to search. We have Many creeks, rivers and lakes here... not to mention all the construction and agriculture.
There is a bit of a science to it. Finding out where to look, when to look, and what to look for can take some research. I spend Hours and Hours searching and walk Miles and Miles to find what I do. They don't always jump out at you... leave no stone unturned! At times it can not be very rewarding, but when you find a Good one it makes up for all the times you found squat... kinda like privy digging.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster