Thayer's Improved Vegetable Hair Restorative?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

amblypygi

Reaction score
I can't find this one listed anywhere, but when I traded it I thought I'd heard of it somewhere. My dive buddy found it today and I traded him for a cobalt JR Nichols that I had two of. Has anyone seen this or have any opinion on how I did with that trade (the Nichols is worth about $200-250, or at least I've seen them sell for that on fleabay)

Thanks, hope all is well on the forum!

Sean

PS: I took a few more pictures that I'll also post

5C1D801AF3AE48F689F0B2C9F9E5B36A.jpg

Attachments

• 5C1D801AF3AE48F689F0B2C9F9E5B36A.jpg
    5C1D801AF3AE48F689F0B2C9F9E5B36A.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 35

earlyglass

Reaction score
Fadely shows a couple of bottles produced for Henry Thayer of Boston, MA, however, this one is different.

Nice looking bottle!

Mike

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Nice hair bottle. I think that was Henry Thayer out of Boston.
Probably a good trade. I would rather have the Nichols myself but the hair is probably harder to find. Matters what you collect really.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Never seen or heard of that one before, I think you came out smelling like a rose in that trade.. If it's American, and it looks to be, its a really good find.Congrats

amblypygi

Reaction score
Cool, thanks! I figured I didn't do too badly and I had 2 of the J.R. Nichols. One of them I got in trade years ago from this same guy and he wanted it back :) He traded that bottle and a bunch of other good ones plus 400 in cash for a quad that I never rode anymore. After he traded it some guy in an antique store offered me $900 for it and like a damn fool I turned him down [8|]

Now that I know about Henry Thayer I'll continue searching; it's gotta be listed somewhere. Thanks again for the great information, hopefully I'll find some time to hang out and read the forum like I used to. It really is a great source of information and true experts.

Sean

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS